Sign in to follow this  
namsdrawkcaB

General chit chat thread!

Wicked, that would sound good. :)

hey guys.

ill be getting my license on the 24th fingers crossed.

and as soon as i can sell my 32 im buying a daily and looking at a 08/09 ninja. ive read some very good reviews about the bike and think the price is quite decent rather than buying a 20yo cbr for close to that.

^Do you mean a 250?

Get you license first, then take as many bikes as possible for a test run - it's the only way to determine what will get you through until you hit your full license.

sorry yea a 250 ninja.

my mate has one so once i get my license ill take that for a good ride. from bikesales and stuff i get the impression that people selling dont really let people, especially learners take test rides. did you guys experience this?

sorry yea a 250 ninja.

my mate has one so once i get my license ill take that for a good ride. from bikesales and stuff i get the impression that people selling dont really let people, especially learners take test rides. did you guys experience this?

Dealer ships for test rides. You wont find anyone selling there bike second hand letting you "take it round the block".

Many, many bikes get stolen when they are for sale. A dude from work let this guy test ride a bike he was selling, he followed on his

misses bike....the dog cunt who took the bike round the block had a car load of dudes waiting round the corner....

they just knocked him off his misses bike then took off!!!!

Another mate had someone take his GSXR for a test ride, left his keys, wallet etc, turns out the wallet was full of junk and must of been old/fake keys....

never saw the guy/bike again. Gone.

I was lucky, when I sold my 250 the guy came with cash and a trailer, he didn't even sit on it! Paid cash and took it away!!

sorry yea a 250 ninja.

Dealer ships for test rides. You wont find anyone selling there bike second hand letting you "take it round the block".

Many, many bikes get stolen when they are for sale. A dude from work let this guy test ride a bike he was selling, he followed on his

misses bike....the dog cunt who took the bike round the block had a car load of dudes waiting round the corner....

they just knocked him off his misses bike then took off!!!!

Another mate had someone take his GSXR for a test ride, left his keys, wallet etc, turns out the wallet was full of junk and must of been old/fake keys....

never saw the guy/bike again. Gone.

I was lucky, when I sold my 250 the guy came with cash and a trailer, he didn't even sit on it! Paid cash and took it away!!

Same with my 250, guy rocked up with cash and we LIFTED it up to the back of his ute. When I sold my ZX-6r, I made sure it had stuff all fuel, and followed on my r6.

Can never be to careful.

Can never be to careful.

Amen to that brother man, there are way to many untrustworthy people around.

never thought of going to a dealer, thanks!

so what did you guys learn on?

im learning on a 2008 ninja 250, just got back from doing laps around my neighbourhood, absolutely loving it. it i wasn't running out of petrol i'd still be out there!

Brought my cbr250rr on a thursday, never ridden before. Got my L's on friday. Got my P's saturday :P.

I accidently brought my bike haha, impulse ftw

yeah my bike was an impulse buy, bought it last thursday. getting my license tomorrow

Just about to give my bike some new oil, and give the cooling system a flush :quagmire: Good to go again.

Once again rode home with the Damn oil in my back pack....stupid hahhahaha. mmmmmmm New Motul 5100

to give a beating to :humpleg: :humpleg: Thats the shit, bike doesn't get noisy/rattly (oil breaks down) near service

time. Unlike stuff like yammalube or the OLD Motul that was in my bike when I bought it. Dude never rode it.

Ok. Changed oil and coolant last night about midnight, put bike back together this morning.

Mate rolled up, and we left at 1130am...Just got home now :D :D :D

My bike is running so so good, coped an absolute beating today,

hardly even got over 80 degrees!!!! considering most of the day the

bike was doing 12-14k RPM all day....That's not freaking bad!!! Sounds smoooooth,

feels smooth as. We went through almost 3 tanks of fuel :quagmire:

I'm beat from riding twisties all day. RDO well spent!!

Edit - I'm getting around to posting in the tyre thread too.

Edit # 2 - WHAT A SIK DAY!!!!!!!! YEEEEEEHAAAAAAAAAA iconsuper.gif

We went through almost 3 tanks of fuel :quagmire:

Fkin good effort!

Just out of curiosity, riding as hard as you were yesterday, what's the consumption per 100 k's/how many k's do you get out of a full tank?

Hard to tell really. We were filling up on 2 bars yesterday when we were in a town. Ive still got 2 bars now on my third tank.

So it was prob 2 and a quarter tanks (18ltr tank) and around 330-350kms traveled. I forgot to push the trip meter, and

I never really work that shit out anyway hahah.... When I ride casually I get about 200kms a tank give or take.

Edit - The bike shop/cafe at strath has an R6 i want damn it....I really loving my bike at the moment too.

It's got all the shit, same year as my bike, but rossi replica with, braided lines, oggyies, shorties, rear sets, carbon muffler

(even tho I like the under seat ones better). I should just put shorties on mine and then I'll be happy I think :D

Hard to tell really. We were filling up on 2 bars yesterday when we were in a town. Ive still got 2 bars now on my third tank.

So it was prob 2 and a quarter tanks (18ltr tank) and around 330-350kms traveled. I forgot to push the trip meter, and

I never really work that shit out anyway hahah.... When I ride casually I get about 200kms a tank give or take.

Edit - The bike shop/cafe at strath has an R6 i want damn it....I really loving my bike at the moment too.

It's got all the shit, same year as my bike, but rossi replica with oggyies, shorties, rear sets, carbon muffler (even tho I like the under seat ones better) etc.

200kms per 18L when crusing?? That cant be right. Is the cibby stock? When I ride HARD, Ill get around 200kms out of 11L. Crusing I get around 200kms with 10L. All 3 of my bikes (89 cbRRRRR - 00 ZX6r - 06/07 R6) got pretty much the same comsumption. My tyre pressures are ALOT lower than yours also. Once I get the Power Commander I expect to use less fuel - with more power. Im pretty sure that the stock R6 map is rich as all f**k.

Stock as a rock. 220 max. I prob don't fill the bastard allllll the way to the top, but the gauge always has full amount of bars.

sometimes the first one doesn't last long tho, I'm thinking cos I didn't squeeze the full amount in there (Im pretty sure it's 18ltrs lol). *shrugs* not sure. :mellow:

Come to think of it...I'd prob get more but I don't wanna run out of fuel hahah. I've never even seen how far I can go on reserve.(never even had the last bar flash)

*thinks to myself* Thats a good point actually.

haha, fair enough.

The R6 doest have a fancy fuel gauge like yours, just a big feck off tacho and shift light. I just know. I fill mine to the top - Ride 200kms - fill back up = 10L.

If my reserve light comes on i have roughy 10kms of fuel left to get my arse to a servo. A week after I got it - light came on, and i was like "pffff, ill get another few days outta this."

Ran out of fuel 500m from servo hahaha :wedgie:

So you put in 18L for 220kms max?

:lol: :lol:

Porb 15-16 ltrs in, when I get to 200kms/1 bar left I fill up again hahaha still shit loads cheaper than my 32.

I'm sure it would do 250kms but I don't wanna be pushing that shit to the servo thats why 220max :lol:

What tyre pressure do you run? I just checked mine, and they were a little lower than a thought...but the bike felt great yesterday.

I'm up for trying new pressures.

HAHA. I dont think you'll run as low as mine.

Depends what tyre/weather/location. At the moment, with these Dunny's 30/32 seems to offer the best grip/turn in ratio for me. I had 35psi, and found it tipped in alot quicker, but the grip just wasn't there. The R6 doesnt have traction controll, and WILL slide :P

I have run as low as 28 on the track.

On my ZX6, 36/38 seems great with the pilot powers.

I think its a matter of trying a few different pressures between 30 and 40 for a few days and see how it goes. Depends how YOUR bike is set up ect.... The hardest thing will be getting used to the new pressue as is wont FEEL the same - and you might not give it a propper chance.

Cheers. Were your Pilot powers 2ct or the single compound ones?.

They were the singles. They saw the track a couple of times, and held up rather well. I rate them, but there are defiantly better tyres out there.

Not sure what Ill run next.

All depends on how long ya want them to last I guess. BT00* range have some pretty sticky tyres...OR Corsa III's would be a

good try. I still like Pilot power 2CT's, and then the Pilot Roads as well, wet weather they are awesome, bit harder to get

warm and stay warm in the dry, but I still rate the Pilot Roads. Still got to get around to doing the tyre thread.

f**k you hahahaha.

I might as well do the same lol....

Just read this again too, must of missed it.

The R6 doesnt have traction controll, and WILL slide :P

The 05' CBR doesn't have traction control either...we also don't have slipper clutches unlike a certain yammy equivalent :P :P

Nams you are a star. I just went for a quick spin with tyre pressure lower then I normally do, and I loved it. The ride I went

on the other day, I forgot to check before I left, turns out they were pretty low, so when I put them back up to 32/46...it felt

wrong. Then I let them down to 30.5/36 it feels better than when I was riding Friday, and better than 32/46. :humpleg: :humpleg:

All I need to do now is go for a decent ride. There is to much crap going on today for a good ride. I saw a Jaguar cruise,

Ducati show near the city, people and shit everywhere. Ive got annual leave tomorrow because of the MUFC v LFC game tonight.

I can ride all day tomorrow while the roads are less busy.

Ill telling ya, 30/32 is where its at :P

Well my ride was not as good as i has planned. My mountins are 20kms from here, and because of the paralitic sub atmoical vortex - the shit was cloudy as all hell. Hit the first 30kms of twisties at about 70% as I wasnt to sure on the conditions. Seen about 8759680968 un-marked coppers - one in a porche :wtf1:

Got half way through, and a bike copper had his speed gun on me, but I wasnt speeding. I gave him the nod, because he is just doing his job. Boy, that must of pissed him off. His quota for the day must not have been reached becuase **wiw woo wiw woo**, "son, where is your mud guard". Meh, dont have one. He took pics and shit - $100 and 1 point. To make matters worse, the fun side of the mountian was slippery was all hell.

I should have stayed home :P

p.s Not winging about my ticket - Ill cop it sweet. But it is annoying :(

On the way back I caught up with a pack of Busa's, so I over took them, and 2 were keen for a ride. It was on like Donkey Kong :quagmire:

When i left - so excited

IMG_07391.JPG

When i got there - so dissapointed

IMG_07411.JPG

Bit of a bummer. Hows the massive difference in weather :cry: Cop doesn't get ya for speeding so I'll pull him over instead.

Saving lives, one fender eliminator at a time :lol: :lol:

*Runs out to bike and goes with 30/32* iconsuper.gif

Edit - When I filled up today I actually looked at how many litres it was....10L :mellow:

So there is 8 litres I'm not filling up or not using :lol: