Sign in to follow this  
ca18owna

(!) light on dash stays on yes i searched

OK so after removing catback and fitting another and changing oil.

I now have the third light from the right on the dash on constantly (looks like an exclamation mark in a circle) between oil pressure and door light.

can anyone tell me what this light is??

I have the manual on another computer but cant get to it atm.

Also I did search and got about 50 million posts on the cat/exhaust overheat light....

thanks in advance

Josh

is it red? usually thats something to do with your brakes. Eg handbrake on or brake fluid low. Mine stayed on after doing brake fluid change, just unplugged n plugged back in the fluid sensor and it went away. this is on s13/180sx btw.

Hmmm yes it is red,brake fluid seems fine checked that before ill go check the plug right now..whoops sorry CA S13

OK fluid is fine unpluged and repluged still stays on even got little bro to watch the light and riggled the plug stayed on the whole time

It's probably just the e-brake light switch which is located under your centre console. Just have a play around with it and make sure it's operating smoothly - give it some white grease if it needs.

Bwahahahaha flame away guys I dropped the handbrake and bingo..I'll put my flame suit on now You'd think after owning it for over 5 yrs I would relize hahahha SORRY :doh:

Thanks Paul F you hit the nail on the head

I feel like the biggest dip Sh*t

I never even took it for a drive cause I was like WTF :lol:

bahaha, i saw the title and pissed myself straight away. owell we all make mistakes, just some get published on public forums haha

hahaha the term 'inbred banana' gets thrown around so freely these days, but in this case i'd say its justly warranted. people do stupid shit all the time on these forums so i wouldnt feel too bad.

so you just had the handbrake on the whole time...? please tell me it was malfunctioning in some way as well doh.gif the sensor in my handbrake was playing up a while ago but i just wiggled it a bit and she was all good

HAHAHA Thread full of GOLD I must say ..Yep Just left it on :doh: .. I've sat back and pretty much just read this site for years threads such as "How stupid your first post was" ect

I was just saving up for a time of pure stupidity

now now "inbred banana" that's pushing some boundaries :no: jks

Hey if I've made some people laugh even if it's at my expense :thumbsup:

Hahaha. Similar thing happened to me. Driving along and that light flashed on. I was like WTF I definitely put the handbrake down. Checked and yes it was down. Yet the light was on. Went off. Came back on :/ I stopped. Pulled the handbrake up. Put it back down and it stayed off. Probably has something to do with me taking my centre console in and out the last couple of days

what about when you turn off the car and put the hand brake on realise the hand brake light is still on. no keys in the ignition my car does this

A bit late but I also had a bit of a retard moment. I put in new LED's into my dash but managed to blow 2 fuses which I replaced, however I didnt notice the 3rd one which was connected to my interior roof lights and also my 'door open' light. I didn't touch my car for a solid 3 days and it drained my battery completely. Luckily it's all sorted now. Hopefully other people's f**k ups can help others in turn who search for these topics :)