Sign in to follow this  
Lucas.

Girls in Commentating

Hey all just watching the tele (geelong v Melb)

Now there is a female commentator, i have never heared her before.. but i just dont think she has the same passion for the game as the guys when there calling it, and she has missed a few names?

is this becoming more common or is this one of the first??

discuss

I totally agree with you. While I'm not completely into footy, I still don't mind a good close match with fired up commentators.... Female ones just don't cut it though.

It has to be the usual men too, not some amature dude from some amature radio station (*cough*freshfm*cough*). 5AA ftw lol

lol, yeah she seems like shes just there because she is kinda, were as the blokes really get into it...

kinda just dosent seem to be a very exciting game when really, Jarra takke a pretty dam good mark and all she could say was "good mark" lol

pretty sure she's a netball commentator or something.

it'd explain the boring tone in her voice

:yes:

:yes:

Or worked in a library.

nup girls dont cut it. well not on most sports.

they can continue to commentait netball, olympics and other sports but not footy or motor sport.

you can tell they are trying to hard to pretend they know shit.

nup girls dont cut it. well not on most sports.

they can continue to commentait netball, olympics and other sports but not footy or motor sport.

you can tell they are trying to hard to pretend they know shit.

No doubt that some of them genuinely do know their shit, but it just doesn't sound the same as a guy though.

It reminds me of this fat female personal trainer at my gym. She might be okay at her job but I cannot take her seriously...

I saw this today and thought the same thing.

As much as I think a female should be able to commentate, it just doesn't seem right listening to it. Very werid!

I guess if it starts happening more and more people will get used to it

^ disagree

if girls start commentating ill just turn it off, or look for the real station, she was just boring..

i noticed the chick in the footy it sucks and gave me a headache

yeah she was ok but as people have said above she doesn't have that excitement and yelling and name calling like other commentators aka men.

^ disagree

if girls start commentating ill just turn it off, or look for the real station, she was just boring..

Dude, you started this thread and wrote 'don't turn this into a sexist thread' which you are.

I doubt any commentator on their first gig was fantastic.

I'm sure if she kept at it and got her confidence up she might turn out to be really good. But people wont give her a go because shes a female and thats pretty sad - but that's just the way society is.

Good on her for having the guts to give it a go

^ disagree

Dude, you started this thread and wrote 'don't turn this into a sexist thread' which you are.

I meant people who say, "she should stay in the kitchen" "post picture of her or GTFO"

what i said isnt sexist, its the truth, girls cant do it like guys cant have babies

Are you serious? Just because someones voice might not sound passionate about the game/race... doesn't mean she's not. First time nerves? Getting used to it? I'm pretty sure stirlo, fatty and the like weren't f**king awesome at commentating when they first got into it- they're had years of experience. I think its great women are finally being accepted into the sporting world :)

Are you serious? Just because someones voice might not sound passionate about the game/race... doesn't mean she's not. First time nerves? Getting used to it? I'm pretty sure stirlo, fatty and the like weren't f**king awesome at commentating when they first got into it- they're had years of experience. I think its great women are finally being accepted into the sporting world :)

feminist

Isn't it Kristy Malthouse?

Mick Malthouses' daughter? Nepitism at its best. No offence but if she called Garry Ablett the little master one more time i was going to crack it.

It sounds very weird having a female commentator thats for sure, I just personally don't think she had a smooth enough voice for it.

if she lacks the passion then gtfo, same goes for anyone. its sports commentating, ya have to have the passion for that sport or else no one will listen to ya. really doesn't help watching it with a crappy commentator.

if it was the dark haired one i saw sitting next to richardson, then nah its not malthouse.

On a similar subject, i cringe/ face palm so hard when i hear caroline wilson calling players by their nicknames on footy classifieds. It sounds fine when it's guys talking about other players using their nicknames, but when she does it...just no...

Footy is boooooooooooring. She was probably boooooooooored

It's not her first time though. I'm pretty sure she commentated last season too.

if it was the dark haired one i saw sitting next to richardson, then nah its not malthouse.

On a similar subject, i cringe/ face palm so hard when i hear caroline wilson calling players by their nicknames on footy classifieds. It sounds fine when it's guys talking about other players using their nicknames, but when she does it...just no...

Yeah but thats more because Caroline Wilson is a humorless bitch that needs to the shut the fk up.

I don't have a problem with female commentators (didn't see this game though) - I just really hate Caroline Wilson.

Who is it and is she hot?

lmao

I'm an advocate for getting women into footy and for woman to take a part in the sport. In that regard, I think its important to have a female commentator, however they can't do as good a job as the men. I think this is largely because the men have played the game and understand it better. Footy is a sport you have to have played to properly understand. However if they do research and have a strong voice, I can't see why they shouldn't commentate.

AFL's a girls sport anyways, but you're right, i've yet to hear a good women commentator, not saying i wouldn't like it, or they can't do it, there just hasn't been one yet.

Footy is boooooooooooring. She was probably boooooooooored

Sums it up really :P

I'm an advocate for getting women into footy and for woman to take a part in the sport. In that regard, I think its important to have a female commentator, however they can't do as good a job as the men. I think this is largely because the men have played the game and understand it better. Footy is a sport you have to have played to properly understand. However if they do research and have a strong voice, I can't see why they shouldn't commentate.

Women CAN do just as good a job as men, but unfortunately society just wont accept it.

I grew up playing football and have always loved the game so I'm sure I understand the game just as well as any man, as well as many other females in society would.

Ok.. Put it simply...

A pub full of blokey bogans cheering at the TV with the commentary turned up (so you can hear it at least)... Would it sound right with 2 female voices coming through those speakers? No.

I'm not trying to be sexist, I'm just stating the facts.