Sign in to follow this  
srbdrfta

PS3 MOD CHIP?

hey guys,

YES YES i know this has been asked 1000000000 times and the answer has anways been no,

but was talking to a mate of mine at work and his telling me that there is a place in springvale MELBOURNE that do chip ps3's to play burnt game.

and 1 of his mates got 1 and DOES play burt games,, now im just wondering if this is BS or true,, ill try get more info out of him,, does any 1 else know of anything new?

Nemz

Yes.

My dad's PS3 is chipped, he bought the PS3 w/ chip in Singapore for like $470.

I haven't used it yet, but it can be done.

I believe online gaming might be affected.

ooww mad, so theres a good chance that it does exist and work,lol

Yes.

My dad's PS3 is chipped, he bought the PS3 w/ chip in Singapore for like $470.

I haven't used it yet, but it can be done.

I believe online gaming might be affected.

Really? I thought it was just a myth

I havnt seen anything down here yet..? thats crazy but i dare say it would work the same way as the 360's do. Sony would be able to tell that your using different firmware and ban your account online/serial number of the console so it would be no good if your in it for the online games..

unless the firmware is like chickHEN in PSP, where you can flush it out... :D then it won't brick your PS3 ... but I wouldn't chip my PS3 :D online games are the best... when you are bored at home

• Upvote 2

By the time you buy a Bluray burner and blank disks, you might as well buy the original game and get online play!

By the time you buy a Bluray burner and blank disks, you might as well buy the original game and get online play!

thats what i was going to say a blu ray dvd burner is like $300 these days and discs are like $15-20 per disc

so youd have to crack it copy it to ur hdd and rent the game then burn it

seems wayy too much effort lol

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

infecteous i think is the only mod for ps3 (as any modchip would be big news across the net and no one is selling anything) but its aint really a mod

http://www.ozmodchips.com/

This site is pretty good and will be most likely the first people in Aus to be able to do it (on a regular basis). They make a living out of modding things so there is a fair bet they will be accross it asap. Sign up for the newsletter.

blue ray burner might cost a few hundred buks but it still comes out worth it if you want a lot of games, its not that im a cheap ass, but i simply dont like paying 100buks for a game. its just a rip of for a lot of games. i can think of better stuff to spend that much money on in the long run.

blue ray burner might cost a few hundred buks but it still comes out worth it if you want a lot of games, its not that im a cheap ass, but i simply dont like paying 100buks for a game. its just a rip of for a lot of games. i can think of better stuff to spend that much money on in the long run.

LOL, I love that excuse. I'm not pro or anti piracy, that's up to the individual. I just wish I could use that excuse for car parts. My hobbies include gaming and cars. I wish I could use the same excuse for my car hobby! The way I see it, if I can't afford the hobby then I'll find another one.

I'll pay for anything that I know will keep me entertained for a while. I've got a modded Wii and PS2, my iPhone is hacked with some apps from Appulous and my PC is full of ISOs of games I haven't paid for. But the copied stuff I have barely gets played at all.

But I'm one of the few who can honestly say I'll pay for anything that will last. If I download a game and I can tell I'm going to like it, I'll go out and buy it or order it online. I have friends who are developers and it's my personal choice to support the good stuff that gets released.

Again, not an attack on you, just an observation.

• Upvote 1

Or you could support the gaming industry and purchase the games legally, so that they can continue to pump out games that you enjoy playing :)

when the gaming industry delivers games worth paying for, i pay for them, when they become a reasonable price. this doesn't happen very often.

I'm the same... i'll buy it if i like it, but trial versions never really give a true indication... its like watching previews for movies.. how many times have you seen a preview an thought wow that looks good/funny/shocking whatever so you go to the movies, or buy the dvd, and turns out the preview gave you the best bits, an the rest was shit... ripped off!

Personally, as controversial of a stance as it may be, I think piracy is a good thing... it should urge software developers to make decent games/applications, instead of pumping out masses of crap for a quick buck. Take Blizzard for example... they wont release something until it is 110% ready, there are very few if any glitches and 95% of their releases engender a cult following. Never have I had a problem with buying their product, I don't even have to have played it, or seen it, and i'll happily hand over the coin, because you know it will be top shelf. Starcraft 2, and Diablo 3 are good examples... I've seen parts of those in development, but even before I did, and just heard it being talked about, there was no doubt in my mind i'd be buying those.. that's if pc's aren't a thing of the past by the time they are released :(

I'll help you and tell you not to post that shit on here cos you'll get yourself in trouble.

Plus this is a PS3 thread not a Wii one unless your retarded?!

got no idea if ps3 can be chipped but i did see a blue ray dvd burner in a comp tech shop in Auburn

Yeah Bluray burners have been out for a while and are coming down in price but they are only useful for burning movies i guess.

Update. My Dad is full of shit.

Last time I went to Singapore he had 2 legit games sitting ontop of his PS3.

No one buys legit games when you have a chipped GayBox/PS3/Wii/etc.

No one.

I head back next week. Will re-update.

No offense but pretty sure he is talking shit :P

There's no chip for them yet.

Yeah Bluray burners have been out for a while and are coming down in price but they are only useful for burning movies i guess.

Hell handy in the workplace broseff.

When you have 5gb of incoming mail daily to archive permanently they are worth their weight in gold.

dude... 5gb daily you should get a tape drive :lol:

yeah man trust me we have plenty of tapes.

the longevity of blueray is what everyone supposedly wanted so whatever. i dunno i just do what i'm told. :lol:

yeah man trust me we have plenty of tapes.

the longevity of blueray is what everyone supposedly wanted so whatever. i dunno i just do what i'm told. :lol:

sorry, what? i've been watching your avatar for about 5 mins straight now :lol:

The ps3 has been out for over a yr now hasn't it? and still no modchip..... i wonder if sony actually has made a unmodable console?

-----------------------------------

Links to burn ps3 games:

ps3 mod chip(*._.)(*._.)how to burn ps3 games

Edited by famergirl1

The ps3 has been out for over a yr now hasn't it? and still no modchip..... i wonder if sony actually has made a unmodable console?

-----------------------------------

Links to burn ps3 games:

ps3 mod chip(*._.)(*._.)how to burn ps3 games

i am convinced that this is not just spamming