Sign in to follow this  
*EYECANDY*

CARS SPOTTED : ACT

Something which has become REALLY popular today with the growing car scene on the internet is "SPOTTED" threads.

Before you post however, think about it, and im sure you'll agree, there are a few guidelines of ethics and morality i think WE should ALL follow when doing "spotted threads".

1. INCLUDE RELEVANT INFORMATION:

When you ARE posting something about a car, try to leave out information that may be of interest to theives, or the police. For example, where the owner PARKS the car, at WHAT times etc is NOT requred.

for example..

GOOD: Hey guys i seen a PURPLE s15 with a nice set of GT-C's on the western ring road around 9.30pm on saturday, if its anyones, give me a hollar, id like to talk about ur car/kit/rims etc.

BAD: I saw a FULLY VERTEX KITTED 200sx s14a with 19inch WORK DISH rims and MASSIVE cooler, around 10 gauges inside with a CRAZY race seat, the stereo looks like it's worth $10,000 also!!! it is parked at SPRINGVALE STATION NEXT TO THE BIG WALL every day. Its a mad car, you cant miss it! WHOEVERS CAR IT IS, NICE CAR GUY.

the GOOD post is direct, concise and doesnt give away lots of CRITICAL information which might lead the car getting damaged, vandalised, stolen, or defected.

the BAD post, if i was a theif OR a cop, id be waiting for the car to come and get parked so i could take it, or wait for the owner to come back to it so i could slap a big DEFECT on the window.

2. EXCLUDE THE ACTIONS OF THE CAR:

The actions of the car at the time. If a car was parked or driving, then thats OK. but if you saw the car drifting industrials at 90k entrys, or dragging people on public roads on the highways, this is not the type of information the police who read the forums want to see. nor is it the type of information the owner of the car wants to advertise. Once again, this isnt going to win you any points.

Finally, we all know how COOL it is to own a nice car, or to even SEE a nice car and be able to say to your mates "OH YEAH HE'S MY MATE" (but really he is on a car forum and you only know him as far as his car and nick, but never physically met), and then go posting that u saw it or what not, but there is some information which SHOULD and SHOULDNT be displayed on the internet.

The internet is a sensative place for information, we need to make sure as a community, we dont put eachother into sh1t, and cause things like canarys or thefts because of a silly "spotted" thread that wasnt written with commen sense.

Thanks for reading guys.

Cheers.

Moderator Team.

spotted a long winded rant when the words 'use common sense' would've been sufficient :lol:

spotted a long winded rant when the words 'use common sense' would've been sufficient :lol:

While your tidying up Sol fix up the ACT rides section.

I thought the original idea was people to post pics and specs of their car, not for people to comment on your car.

I want to see cars and all i get is "nice ride man, you live near me."

Not mine.. themz are the words of the webmaster himself i am but his gimp :P haha

saw a black 180 on the side of parkes way yesterday, think it was one of the ones off this forum. Didnt get a good look, but it looked like it had a puncture

spotted a black 180 with a red rear bar in Braddon & spotted a gold R33 on chromies in Fyshwick

such a good thread gone..... sighs...

.....anyways spotted a red S15 drive past woden cit this arvo had black act plates, a white S13 with black shopping list on the front guards i feel it was around weston creek yesterday and a white 180 with no front bar in jerra a few nights ago.

such a good thread gone..... sighs...

surely your joking right? ... i mean, no c/u/n/+ on here is that moronic to delete such a popular thread yeah?

Na its true, I wouldent wont someone else eyeing up my car and telling when it is unatended.

spotted purple s14 w. graphics at kaleen ovals yesterday arvo at soccer.

was that tai i spotted at russell yesterday, in a red and black shirt and carrying a tower i think it was?

spotted a grey 180sx out the front of powatone and a white one on the hoist inside.

then that white widebody s14.5 lol

Spotted NickStoya detailing his car on saturday

hahaha wogs :P

Spotted a pewter s15 with vertex kit today on the way to work! had a smashed up front end sitting on the side of hindmarsh drive, assuming itd rear ended someone!

I was going to buy that....

wheres your s14 go??

may she rest in peace..

it suffered from some panel damage (nothing to major)..

So I am stripping it.

I now have a S15, stock.. It will have a simialr setup to my previous S14.

spotted a grean s14 s1 with bodykit at the caltex I think it is in gunners, next to the car wash.

Had a kit with the front bar being held on with alot of tape on the drivers side lol

I was going to buy that....

wheres your s14 go??

may she rest in peace..

it suffered from some panel damage (nothing to major)..

So I am stripping it.

I now have a S15, stock.. It will have a simialr setup to my previous S14.

oh ic...i use to have the panda s14 you saw on the cruise that day to wakefield...sold that and looking at an s15 now, could be rivals again :P

spotted a dark S13 on the monaro with gold rims after 5pm on thursday and a couple a red S13s in fyshwick on friday

spotter a silver s15 with some front end damage and damage to the drivers door damage in the wet or bought as a project. was driving down ginnenderra drive. no idea who's it is but havent seen it around before well with all the dents hah.

i spotted a green s14 s1 with a white front bar in my driveway lolz

is that yours? spotted it on tuesday on long gully road in the afternoon.

is that yours? spotted it on tuesday on long gully road in the afternoon.

yeah its mine just got it back after 12 months off the road so im driveing it everywhere i can

what was done to it?

king springs extacy brass button clutch 3" turbo back pipe with a 5" tip its just been tuned by ESP and its running about 13 pounds and next week its getting a veilside frount and sides and a vertex rear m3 wing mirrors clear rear lights and 350z 18 by 9.5 rims so in the two weeks me and the ex will be forking out about 14g but the car is out baby

spotted a white S14a with dark rims the other day. do you still have your S14 tai? was it at russell yesterday?

i spotted a evo 5 on ginni drive in realy good nick sounded great