Sign in to follow this  
gruntjc

JUNK THREAD

not looking for theories, just some clarification thats all really

i do lift heavy, im on your skinny guy routine, eating 4.4 gms of protein a day, and my results are phenominal

but then how do i explain that to everybody else? reason is, i post this information in another thread and i get flamed

"1.2-1.4 gms is all you need, 4.4 is overkill bla bla bla" i post my results, and still they whine

so all im looking for really is some kind of facts i can back up my argument with, coz right now im getting swamped by nerds posting this and that study and im looking like the idiot, when in reality my results (and others on this particular forum) speak for themselves

Here some reasoning for high protein intake

The protein prejudice - John Beradi

I'm on these supples atm.....

Morning: protein 24g + l glutenamine.

Before training: protein 24g & NO Xtreme

During training: 2 sips of purple wrath

after training protein 24g + l glutenamine

before sleep: 24g + g slutenamine..

anyone know if this is good?

I took advice from the dude from GNC

Probably not the best idea to take the advice of a salesman at a supplement store on how much of their product you should take. If I was the guy at GNC I would of said to take 2 scoops every 15 minutes for mass gains! (hence maximising my sales and commission) If you can, try and get most of your protein from whole foods.

Edited by sidewayz

lol i think the dude at GNC took you for a ride my friend...

4.4g of protein per KG of bodyweight it you are trying to gain muscle. Should be ingested in 5+ evenly spaced meals per day. Get it as much from whole foods as possible, supplement when necessary.

DEFINATELY need SLEEP to let ur muscles to REPAIR. Without it you won't grow. i sleep 12 hours a day cos im on centrelink and don't do anything with my life but what can u do? 12 is heaps of sleep if u think abt it.. (halfa day) you shold get 8-10 but im in a bad habit

That's a lot of expensive supplements for someone with no job. No need to thank us for paying for them, our pleasure :)

ALSO, WHERE DID YOU GET THE SLUTENAMINE - I RECKON I COULD DO WITH SUMMA DAT BEFORE I SLEEP

Probably not the best idea to take the advice of a salesman at a supplement store on how much of their product you should take.

That's why you come to a GOOD supplement store, where we will honestly tell you what you need/don't need :)

I highly recommend VitaminMe in Chadstone. The guys behind the counter lift heavy weights and look good. They have vast knowledge on supplements. On many occasions Simon has pointed out to me some crap supplements and always led me to the better proteins.

I had a chat with some guy from Vitaminme over the phone the other week, he knew his shit, got me a good deal on good stuff and didn't try and sell me useless junk... so yeah, +1 them

Probably not the best idea to take the advice of a salesman at a supplement store on how much of their product you should take. If I was the guy at GNC I would of said to take 2 scoops every 15 minutes for mass gains! (hence maximising my sales and commission) If you can, try and get most of your protein from whole foods.

just letting you know, people who work at health food stores dont make commission on product sales. therefore, its not in our best interest to flog shit products or suggest ridiculous dosages, just creates mistrust with the consumer. we get an hourly wage, whether product is sold or not

I had a chat with some guy from Vitaminme over the phone the other week, he knew his shit, got me a good deal on good stuff and didn't try and sell me useless junk... so yeah, +1 them

name? which store?

also, from what i read. the information he gave you was fine

everybody needs to understand that when customers come in we can only assume they understand what basic nutrition is and how they should be training. we expect that our information will "supplement" what theyre already doing. most people are total spuds though :S

Man i cant remember, i rang the first number on the website, Elizabeth St I think.

DEFINATELY need SLEEP to let ur muscles to REPAIR. Without it you won't grow. i sleep 12 hours a day cos im on centrelink and don't do anything with my life but what can u do? 12 is heaps of sleep if u think abt it.. (halfa day) you shold get 8-10 but im in a bad habit

That's a lot of expensive supplements for someone with no job. No need to thank us for paying for them, our pleasure :)

Thanks, i steal your money but the supp shop steals mine. either way, this world is full of thieves

ALSO, WHERE DID YOU GET THE SLUTENAMINE - I RECKON I COULD DO WITH SUMMA DAT BEFORE I SLEEP

sry.musta been horny when i wrote that typo

u dont get commission at gnc bro just a salary.

go vitamin me in chaddy bro its sik cuz

C'moooon Markos put up some more photos of Reggie ^_^

These are from one month ago

221.JPG

238.JPG

229.JPG

223.JPG

225.JPG

Hey Guys and Gals

Just wanted to start a new topic on Whats your top 5 songs which you listen to at the gym.

Here is my Top 5.

1.Brennan Hearts - One Blade

2.Brennan Hearts - Get Wasted

3.HeadHunterz - The Sacrifice

4.NoiseContollers - Attack Again

5.ShowTek - Colours of the harder Style

So Dont be shy pplz list your top 5 Songs which you need to pump on your Ipod during your workout.

cute dog..

I'm picking up my second Lab next saturday.

bought a bleck one to go with my whitey.

Just building a big "chateau" for them today.

1. Gloria Estefan- Turn the beat around

2. Celine Dion - my heart will go on

3. Village people - YMCA

4. Michael Jackson- Youare not alone

5. Tracy chapman- Fast car

1. C+C Music Factory - Gonna Make You Sweat

2. La Bouche - Be My Lover

3. Nicki French - Total Eclipse Of The Heart

4. Vengaboys - We Like To Party!

5. Gina G. - Ooh Aah...Just A Little Bit