Sign in to follow this  
Sinned

revs jumping up and down during hard acceleration

just a quick question, i found this problem just recently on my 96' type-x, doesnt matter what rev range im at or what gear(more noticable in gears 3 4 5), could be anywhere between 2000-6000revs whenever i step on the accelerator harder (like over half way) my engine revs jump up by about 500 instantly but cant feel that power(sorta like i kicked the clutch or something), then the revs come back down again n accelerate as normal, sorry a bit confusing to explain i dunno what they call this problem if it had an official name lol. im thinking maybe the clutch is on its way out?

yeah sounds like your clutch is slipping get a new one if you drive with a slipping clutch for to long you could damage your flywheel so try and get one as soon as possible.

just a quick question, i found this problem just recently on my 96' type-x, doesnt matter what rev range im at or what gear(more noticable in gears 3 4 5), could be anywhere between 2000-6000revs whenever i step on the accelerator harder (like over half way) my engine revs jump up by about 500 instantly but cant feel that power(sorta like i kicked the clutch or something), then the revs come back down again n accelerate as normal, sorry a bit confusing to explain i dunno what they call this problem if it had an official name lol. im thinking maybe the clutch is on its way out?

Yeah, I'd have to agree, it's the clutch. Felt the same thing when my clutch was going.