Sign in to follow this  
Charbz

Front Passenger Suspension Spring Snapped!

Hey all,

I've been trying to read around on the internet about what I should do, but there doesn't seem to be too much information, so I have a few questions:

1) Do I have to replace both front springs if I'm going to replace one?

2) I'm not sure about what type of suspension setup I have (I was told "Adjustable Tein Suspension"), so is there any way of finding out, and, if so, would it really make a difference to the type of spring I buy?

3) How hard is it to replace myself?

If it helps at all, the springs are green and the shock absorbers (I think that's what they are: cylinders below the spring?) are red.

If anymore info is required, just let me know.

Thankyou very much for any help that you may offer, it's much appreciated.

Charbz.

take a picture of the suspension if u can alot easier to identify something if u can see it!

also changing springs arent hard all u need is a shifter or two and a set of spring compressors!

as for replacement as long as u get a spring thats the same brand and spring rate it shouldnt matter just replacing one!

Here are some pictures I took. Is it odd that the brown ring at the top has a Ford symbol on it?

1.jpg

2.jpg

3.jpg

4.jpg

5.jpg

6.jpg

Also, what are those little alan-key screws on the top of the suspension setup for? It's real hard to find out any information about Tein suspension online.

Woa, that spring is rooted, get some new springs asap, look hard enough and you might find a pair on here, those allen keys at the top if loosened and moved from left to right allow for camber change but i wouldnt just have a go yourself take it to a wheel alighner and let them adjust them.

im sorry i cant identify that suspension but i aint no expert....

jack it up and take the wheel off look on the strut and spring for any other markings/ model numbers......etc and then type them into google see what comes up? will also help with getting th part number if u can find a tein supplier