Sign in to follow this  
MidnightMods

Protein powders

Im after some powder in bulk to split with some mates and make it cheaper for everyone (forum members too if they want to join in)

So something like 25-50 or even 100kg bulk buys?

Does anyone know where to get something like this from?

A well known brand is a must, I have found a few online but would like some feedback from others if they have done anything like this before

Thanks

im currently using bsn syntha 6 atm taste good mixes well with water ...are u after straight whey or complete or a mix?

i would like to know this tooo and ill be in with the buy in

whey be nice, What ever everyone likes tho, Just want it in big huge bags, containers,etc. I'm going broke training hard and eating and buying powders

http://www.myopure.com.au/Bulk.html

havent tried em yet.. but might be worth a shot.

btw, u must own one of these.

http://www.myopure.com.au/blender-bottle.html

i have one, so fkn good :)

-edit- just so u know, most "bulk" ie 20kg bags will be clean, i.e not flavoured. u can get it straight from the dairies too. theres a website and old friend used and he would pick it up.. was heaps cheaper, but i cant for the life of me remember it.

myopure stuff is good and cheap, no flavour, no b/s...

shouldnt you try something first before buying 100kgs?

i bought a lot of Metabolic drive from the states while the dollar was decent, split with mates. best tasting stuff i've ever tasted...

oh optimum nutrition gold standard whey and biotest metabolic drive...if u get either of these im down, all that i really trust...as for bulk places no idea but a few guys at gym would be down so if ur getting a massive amount should be easy to sell

I can get some bulk in Brisbane. As much as you want. All good quality NZ Whey. Can organize a WPC/WPI blend if that's what people want?

125 for 10lb's of wpi/wpc is good.

Usually around the 135-140 in stores

im due for a new bag of ON.. i generally try to eat protein rich, so dont go shake mad... lasts me a while..

ill grab a dogfood size bag... if ur doing a bulk buy, put me down for one of ON choc. otherwise, ill buy it myself.

I will taste it first, But yes looking at a huge amount to really get the cost down.

anyone on the forum can help with that? yourmatemitch?

pm me if so buddy thanks

I do some work as a practitioner consultant for a manufacturing company that specializes in bulk nutritional products. All their whey is from NZ as is myopure's. I am working with them at the moment to formulate various sports blends as they mostly deal with practitioner / naturopathic type stuff. I'll get some prices on raw bulk though, I should be able to get a good deal. Keep in mind with the dollar the way it is the cost of imports is rising.

what are we looking for

WPI

WPC

WPI/WPC Blend

I can probably organize flavourings like raw chocalate, which is good for its antioxidant content.

And what sort of quantity... guestimate at 100kg's? 150kgs?

i dont understand why you want to waste your time when you have no idea what protein powders are anyway.

Buy a 10lb bag for 130 bucks, that will last you a few months, taste good and mix well, and save you the hassle of all this shit.

yeah for the most part i second that you are going to have trouble getting the taste and texture of something like ON for the same price.

and also seriously what are you going to do with 20kg's of protein. You'll get little creatures in there before you get through it.

And also you can't get a 'well known brand' in big bulk bags or anything.

Well known brands buy don't make their own protein, they buy of a big protein production plant, like most companies do. If you want big bulk bags, you get them direct from the manufacturing plant, which is how places like Venom protein work. It's raw whey isolate or concentrate. It doesn't mix well and it tastes like shit. Not worth it imo

Just wait till another special going at vitaminme is psoted up. Last time i bought 10kg's of protein for under $200. Good qulaity, taste's good, mixes well.

yeah i'll be hitting the ON stuff again after i get through the met drive, but seriously the med drive rocks for flavour and texture (chocloate all the way) I had some myopure sitting in some tubs for like a year and they seemed to get bugs in there somehow, so bulk storage would have to be pretty air tight.

oh, and check out the curry dude on chapel st. he's pretty cheap when it comes to ON...

i will never understand what the fascination is with ON.

The only thing i can think of is taste, and there are heaps of others out there that taste just as good.

ON just does what u need. its protein and it mixes well...

tbh, i barely shake now. try and eat solids as much as possible. but im not doing 6 meals at the moment.. wanna bulk alot more now, so time for a fresh bag.

ON just does what u need. its protein and it mixes well...

But so do heaps of others....that's what i'm trying to say.

I need a new bag. What is another good one apart from ON. I'm looking at the dymatize Elite which doesn't have any enzymes in it and also looking at te MRM one?

any other suggestions?

actually the dymatize one does have enzymes in it, more than ON to be exact.

I would preferably go an aussie brand, because i know i'm getting decent shit.

International Protein do 10lb bags of a wpi/wpc mix, tastes great, mixes well and is about 135 i think

synergy 5 is a slow release blend with casein and egg albumen in it, as well as wpi/wpc. Good for throughout the day.

They just brought out their wpi/wpc mix, which is called Superior Whey.

either that or get yourself an ABN and contact EMI Nutrition. They are ON's Aus Distributors. I think you get discounts for purchasing over 50 bags or something. Thats what most the ebay shops do to get it out at a decent price.