Sign in to follow this  
Softy

Bra Boyz

I got this movie/doco the other day and watched it yesterday, well worth getting your hands on

For ppl that dont know its the aussie surf gang from murrulaba (sp)

Some good street fighting clips too :)

helly yea awsome doco loved every bit of it and russel crowe didnt do a bad job on the commenting either.

Yeah i rated it, pretty good doco style movie. Pretty interesting how it all pans out from start to finish.

They are just thugs, nothing honorable about what they do or who they are.

As for the Abberton brothers -> cry me a f**king river; there are plenty of people that have had tough upbringings and still made it, they took the easy way out.

yeah i watched it. i fkn loved it! really gives you an insight into what they are really like and how close they are.

how was the bit at the end where he sliced his wrist open in shark infested waters and decided to stay out there. those guys have balls

As for the Abberton brothers -> cry me a f**king river; there are plenty of people that have had tough upbringings and still made it, they took the easy way out.

i agree... wtf is with that shit to be honest... next thing you know they will be glorifying all the local gangs that ahve existed...

hey are no better than the sickcunt you see walking around westfields on a thursday night.

Agreed. This film is so incredibly overrated that I'm surprised it was ever made in the first place.

Massive LOL when the Chaser boys approached the gang 'My brothers alibi' written on their neck asking to join the gang. One of the bra boys threw a thong at them!

I face-palmed when they talked about taking that young surfer around the world despite his mother feeling that it would be better that he remained in school. They granted him this huge favour by denying him a highschool education and Jai Abberton felt that he was some kind of saint for doing so.

It's spelt 'Maroubra'.

how was the bit at the end where he sliced his wrist open in shark infested waters and decided to stay out there. those guys have balls

They said they stayed out there but I didnt see him get off that jetski. That wound to that blokes neck was pretty incredible though.

i really liked the doco but at the end of the day they are just Glorified thugs

I agree....if anythin was jus an interesting bit of history and I learnt more about what they are actually apart of rather then through word of mouth

softy where abouts did you get it from, had a look in a few dvd shops and they havnt had it

(or was it a internet jobby?)

saw this on foxtel about a year ago it is crazy def worth gettin if havent seen it yet!

Its worth a look for sure, if anything its got some decent surfing with an interesting story.

i really liked the doco but at the end of the day they are just Glorified thugs

This sums up my thoughts perfectly...Its a good watch but they're f**k heads and it's so one sided.

FYI, Koby Abberton is/was facing assault charges and was bankrupt last year despite making wads from surfing.

Scum scum scum.

the whole "boys will be boys" vibe they try to give off as if what theyre doing is just a bit of fun is ridiculous. they are a street gang straight up, plain and simple. being beach boys is just a result of their environment.

its a good watch but its incredibly bias. most docos are though.

I saw it about a year ago, when the doco ended I felt no wiser and was like "Soo...what was the point of this film???". From what I saw it was like a doco on dole bludging deadshits; basically while they are out surfing all day it's tax payers money that's putting food in their mouth <_>

Yeah nothing special, was entertaining though, had some good surfing, bit of fighting, overall plot lacked quite severely though :lol:

yeah wasn't fantastic as a doco, but still enjoyable. Can kinda relate it to my childhood for some reason.

LMAO @ Bra Boy prank xD

Bra Boys was an awesome documentary! I thought the start was slow but it got pretty good!