Sign in to follow this  
Cain

Torque Readings accurate?

Hi guys,

I have a good mate of mine that has a modified wrx. Its not an STI and from what i know the engine is rebuilt with forgies, turbo, fmic, the usual ,no big name brands, no mods to gearbox or diff ratios. He has just shown me a dyno readout with torque reading of 955.2Nm.

Now i know what your thinking but i cant convince him. Even when i throw the latest issue of MOTOR magazine at him and ask him to read the power readings of the new HSV W427 ( 375kw-640Nm), Nissan GT-R (353kw-588Nm), Ford GT40 (410kw-677Nm) and a Lambo LP560 (412kw-540Nm).

I cant do anymore other then appeal to all the subaru enthusiasts to help me convince him that it isnt the correct dyno reading for his torque.

If anyone can put into plain english the reason WHY his readings arent true... that would be a big help.

thanks,

the torque reading given by a drive on dyno is no where near accurate, there are too many factors that aren't compensated for. my s15 pulled some ridiculous figure as well, was in the 900 range. the only thing that will give an accurate measure of torque are engine dynos, and to a lesser extent a quarter mile time

i would like to know this as well because my dyno sheet showed 262awkw with something like 820nm....which of course is not correct, but it is something alot of wrx's show in the dyno but I have no idea why...

it may be or possibly the boxer engines on the dyno....not sure....