Sign in to follow this  
tas_180

Updates - What's the latest with your car?

Yeh we prob won't be getting a CAMS cage for the S14 because there's no point anyway. Just endless promises of passengers but no results! Will prob save a few dollars and get a Cusco bolt-in.

Fired up the 1UZ-FE in the hilux today. Had to shut off straight away as there's still no tranny fluid because we're waiting on a new filter for it. Sounds tuff as though with a very short intake pipe and large pod with custom extractors into twin 2.25in pipes into single 3in pipe :wub:

Also dropped the subframe in the S14 and chopped about 7mm off the top of the subframe bushes to raise it a little and filled the hollow bits with sikaflex. Just gotta replace the eccentric factory camber bolts with normal ones to force whoever's doing the wheel alignment to use the adjustment on the arms lol. Also waiting on new factory toe bolts because these ones are stuffed from dodgy wheel alignments in the past. Then gotta adjust the preload on the rear coilovers to stop it hitting bump stops on rough roads. Also found out why the diff is a lot louder than it was before round 3. Looks like most of the diff oil came out the breather by the looks of the area around where the breather ends lol.

Does anyone else have trouble keeping oil in the diff? I know they had the same prob in the Holford S14 so they use a little catch can type thing. I didn't think that'd be necessary.

i heard somewhere that if you get a bolt in cage i.e cusco style that is you weld it in with corner supports and proper footing etc they can be cams approved providing the right thickness metal is used..

Can anyone else confirm this?

seems people are missing the point? a cage it fitted for added safety

not coz you might be able to show off to your mates.. save it for power cruise.

Passenger rides are for sponsors etc. and not a regular occurance.

We have fitted a cage to a few cars now with sun roof systems if

you were looking to retain it mandi?

have a look at the cams manual, your main hoop diamter and thickness min 44.4 x 2.5mm or 50 x 2mm od tube. and jap cages don't usually meet either of these criterior.

edit: yeh and what klusio said aswell in regards to safety and showing off.

Yeh sorry I shoul've explained myself better. U can get a non-cams cage for the roll-over protection at a lower cost if u have a common jap car as the benefit of a cams cage in my eyes compared to a non-cams one that may be just as safe was passengers. If a cams cage was required to enter drift events, it'd be totally different.

And is it wrong for me to wanna know what it feels like as a passenger when drifting bein able to look around and not concerntrate on driving? I reckon it'd be better than driving! Now the only way i'll ever find out would have to be on a 2 way street. Maybe whoever is no longer allowing passengers should ask the question, which is safer?

i have wondered the same thing brad.

the mainlanders are aloud passengers why not us???

We have it pretty good down here guys, I'm sure we can live without passengers.

there may well be passengers in the future at training schools

or something similar, however as a group we have been labled

irrasponcible due to the early represntation

of the drifting community, its hard to change the first impression

and past occurances

And is it wrong for me to wanna know what it feels like as a passenger when drifting bein able to look around and not concerntrate on driving? I reckon it'd be better than driving! Now the only way i'll ever find out would have to be on a 2 way street. Maybe whoever is no longer allowing passengers should ask the question, which is safer?

yeh and this has been mentioned as well and is not a valid point their eyes, and what is stopping you any way, maybe you should be asking the guy that took advantage of the rules and took different passengers in their car than they were allowed, did donuts in pit strait etc why we aren't allowed any more rather than carrying on, on here

If the mainlanders were allowed to jump off a bridge would you too.....

Christ the simple mindedness on here really gets to me sometimes, fark we got drift on the track with little outside help and are slowly turning round the minds of the owners of the track to get more drift allowed, if life is so farkin hard around here move to the friggen mainland!

endrant

now now kiddies, we all know street drift is where its at ;)

im a cop so thanks :D

yeh and this has been mentioned as well and is not a valid point their eyes, and what is stopping you any way, maybe you should be asking the guy that took advantage of the rules and took different passengers in their car than they were allowed, did donuts in pit strait etc why we aren't allowed any more rather than carrying on, on here

If the mainlanders were allowed to jump off a bridge would you too.....

Christ the simple mindedness on here really gets to me sometimes, fark we got drift on the track with little outside help and are slowly turning round the minds of the owners of the track to get more drift allowed, if life is so farkin hard around here move to the friggen mainland!

endrant

Scotty likes this. I like your subtlety too Nick-o haha

:rolleyes::doh::no:

I'm not aware to this day that he was told only certain people could go in the car? It was an expression session before he had been clearly told the rules of what is and isn't okay to do in it. Passenger or no passenger wouldn've made any difference. Shit they're near as bad as tassie cops. Those 5km/h donuts can be real killers compared to 120km/h drifts which are ok.

So they changed the name from expression session to practice session realising they gave the wrong idea but still blame drivers? it was common knowledge back then that the expression session was a bit of a fun stuff around session which lots of drivers enjoyed stuffin round in.

:rolleyes::doh::no:

haha, dnt tell me u've neva tried this is the rona edd? :P:ph34r:

its much more fun when u dnt giv a sh*t about the car ur driving haha

I'm not aware to this day that he was told only certain people could go in the car? It was an expression session before he had been clearly told the rules of what is and isn't okay to do in it. Passenger or no passenger wouldn've made any difference. Shit they're near as bad as tassie cops. Those 5km/h donuts can be real killers compared to 120km/h drifts which are ok.

So they changed the name from expression session to practice session realising they gave the wrong idea but still blame drivers? it was common knowledge back then that the expression session was a bit of a fun stuff around session which lots of drivers enjoyed stuffin round in.

See Brad your on your own here asyour ranting about it not being allowed but in every case of reasons not to let passengers its your brother that is the reason. simple as that. and he knows it. hell if i was young and didnt give a shit id probably push the boundaries as well but i wouldnt turn around and sook about it as if nothing ever happened.

Donuts with or with out a passenger are not allowed and thats always been the case. even donuts on the victory lap are frowned upon and its all because some one took it to far once upon a time.

plus it wasnt 1 donut it was 2 if i remember correctly. and when i was sitting in my car waiting to go for another run i though he has just single handedly Fecked this for us all.

and i know of one occasion where he has taken advantage of the situation at a symmons round so that just backs it up even more. Simple as that no argument needed.

any who its at the event directors discretion any way as far as i know unless further changes have been made. if you follow the right channels leading up to an event then anything could happen

Ok so he pushed the boundries to see where they are as he wasn't clearly shown (over a year ago). Then told that's not accepted. That very second he knew it wasn't accepted and hasn't and won't do it again. It's called a warning. In all forms of sport there are warnings. It's not right to not clearly lay out the rules of an expression session then instantly permanantly ban everyone from passengers without one single warning.

Passengers at CAMS run practice days has always been fine pending clerk of course discretion.

From what I recall MSCT preferred not to allow passengers on their practice days.

The clerk of course's discretion always seems the same these days. Ppl deserve to be warned and given a 2nd chance. I'm not talkin about once off pre-organised rides but rides that don't need a reason because the sport is about enjoying urself. These type of rides used to be allowed and now aren't at all with no warning after a minor stuff up.

nearly running over hearby and the start line bloke last round will not help his cause :lol:

to much sooking about bullshit things these days bring back the early days :thumbsup:

Herby was swingin his arms around with a grin on his face as if to say "you won, go do a victory lap" Lloyd was there, you all weren't.

Bring ASAA to tassie so we can roll with 14 car trains and everyone has passengers. Vic boys are mad, cant wait to do a winton track day

Herby was swingin his arms around with a grin on his face as if to say "you won, go do a victory lap" Lloyd was there, you all weren't.

sorry mate i was parked back before the line as well as the chase car herby put his hand to signal to stop he took off

The clerk of course's discretion always seems the same these days. Ppl deserve to be warned and given a 2nd chance. I'm not talkin about once off pre-organised rides but rides that don't need a reason because the sport is about enjoying urself. These type of rides used to be allowed and now aren't at all with no warning after a minor stuff up.

Hey mate

I think you need to understand that many people see the drifting community differently to you.

They believe that you being able to use that track is a huge privilege not a right. Everything else is an even bigger privilege. If anyone f*cks up once, there was never going to be any warnings, slaps on the wrist or anything else, they were always going to come down hard.

Just spend ten minutes speaking to Ben about how hard it was to even get a car on the track, let alone passengers, let alone getting away with putting whoever you want in there and to top it off get away with doing donuts on pit straight. They saw that donut as a sign of disrespect to the track/organisers. Right or wrong its just the way it is.

spotted my tuneagent manifold arriving with genuine nissan gaskets! :D

thanks spg!

will it need a tune after it is put on!! if so will have to wait till i get enough pennys for haltech >

Just one uneducated question tho..

What harm does a few donuts do? in this example where drifting takes place all day surely a couple of donuts isnt going to do anymore harm to the track than

what has already been happening?

Not having a go here at all just wanting a explanation..

also can we stop the name blaming Lloyd has learnt his lesson and hopefully it wont happen again..i struggle to beleive that he is the sole reason drivers are not allowed passenger rides.

we should all try to remember how much good he has done for the sport he brings 40% of our crowds FFS