Crispy

Headlights not working?

Hey guys, i finally got fed up with not having a left hand high beam, so i went through the process of finding the problem and how to fix it.

hopefully this may be of use to some other people (especially as use/ age is creeping into our cars) who have a similar problem. fairly simple problem to fix, i've put it all up into a nifty word doc with some pics.

this is also very similar to how i fixed the problem of only one mirror folding in.

Enjoy

How to fix headlights

Can you give a quick run down on what you did or replaced? I spend 2200 on a PC and didn't get bother to get Word yet :lol:

and from your other posts, a gather it's 180sx headlights?

Good writeup. Dirty contactors are often overlooked and that seems to be a very comprehensive doc laying out how to fix this issue.

Tip I have learnt to reduce file size in Office applications:

Rightclick on any picture in a document

Select Format Picture

there is an option in the bottom left to Compress - click it

Select the All pictures in document box and choose either 200 or 96dpi

click apply.

Suddenly the 3.4MB doc is now 123kb with 96dpi images. :lol: Laughing.

Philsbry: thanks for the tip, is a lot smaller now :P

FILO180: ok, try **HERE** i've basically copied out all the text and dumped it into a txt file, you should be able to open that. won't have the pics, but the wording should give you a rough idea.

and yes, it was written up for 180sx lights, but it could happen to silvias as well i guess if they use the same controls. could also be they changed it in later years, as this was from my 1989 180sx (CA engine).

FILO180: ok, try **HERE** i've basically copied out all the text and dumped it into a txt file, you should be able to open that. won't have the pics, but the wording should give you a rough idea.

and yes, it was written up for 180sx lights, but it could happen to silvias as well i guess if they use the same controls. could also be they changed it in later years, as this was from my 1989 180sx (CA engine).

Yeah, i did the whole fault finding sh*t aswell( LH highbeam, now both highbeam not working) The stalk or control box was my last place to look and have read that it is common aswell. I was just going to see how much it would take to replace the unit.

thanks for that read. Only if i could get the pics. Looks like i might have to get Word after all.

Yeah, i did the whole fault finding sh*t aswell( LH highbeam, now both highbeam not working) The stalk or control box was my last place to look and have read that it is common aswell. I was just going to see how much it would take to replace the unit.

thanks for that read. Only if i could get the pics. Looks like i might have to get Word after all.

OpenOffice FTW

Gentleman, any chance this Doc can be re produced? I have this issue now after 10 yrs with the 180. Cheers

Basically was just going through the different connectors and giving them all a thorough cleaning

• Like 1