Sign in to follow this  
51CAZ

PHOTOGRAPHY FORUM

Due to a number of requests here's a trial forum section for all the photographers; Whether you are Pro, Semi Pro or Amateur to post up their best work, discuss techniques and effects etc

Feel free to post your examples in the thread and please keep all NWS material in the relevant off topic section.

Here's some recent piccys ive taken, i love using cameras. Im 100% amatuer so constructive critasism welcome :yes:

l_e4a268291579255b161c5c04a2a4c5f7.jpg

l_87621d43251466020b993a3d13e9086e.jpg

l_1f54d2559af8107dd28c2e9ea883e15a.jpg

l_c37cfdd03dcf12db42506740b1c85d3a.jpg

Here's 2 of my camera playing tricks on me.

l_d473d63dec0df6876f6228e1bef0a12d.jpg

l_f0c2b9f41145457a16d35b145311cf38.jpg

i think this is a great idea.... so everyone should try get into it!! even if you think your crap or whatever... post up some photos and get some constructive critisizm...

also... just an idea, if your gunna quote someone, plz delete pics out of quote :thumbsup:

INTRO..

Name: GRAVY.. ;)

Gear: Cannon 400D.. 18-55mm wide angle lens, 75-300mm zoom lens.. saving up for a decent fisheye

How Long: Got my camera like less than a year ago, so im still beginner as... only discovered the art of raw files a couple of months ago..

Like Shooting: Abandoned places, graffiti, cars, monkeys... :lol: ....wanna get into hdr processing and astrophotography

1.alkira.jpg

2.alkira1.jpg

3.alkira3.jpg

4.barbs.jpg

5.bird.jpg

6.car.jpg

7.graff2.jpg

8.grass.jpg

9.grass1.jpg

10.kitchen.jpg

11.lizard.jpg

12.melb1.jpg

13.melballey1.jpg

14.melballey2.jpg

15.melballey3.jpg

16.monkey1.jpg

17.monkey2.jpg

Edited by gravy
  • Upvote 1

couple that I have at work here that I took a couple of years ago now...

Camera is a Canon 400D, Also do a lot of product photography for customers.

Bridge.jpg

City.jpg

Opera_House.jpg

Some awesome stuff there guys.

Keep em coming!

Name: bakatono

Gear: nikon d70s + handful of lenses, manfrotto stuffs, sb600, blah blah

How Long: taking pix since i was knee high to a grasshopper. i'd be happy to be 'semi-pro' as i dont do it for my main line of work

Like Shooting: moving things. if its not moving i kick it and then take a photo of it :lol:

i'll just start with the most recent stuff - i'm trying to upload a smaller version so the forum doesnt automatically resize them and make the edges go all scraggledy.

DSC_8150.jpg

DSC_7494.jpg

DSC_7505.jpg

DSC_7534.jpg

DSC_7474.jpg

DSC_7537.jpg

DSC_7559.jpg

DSC_7571.jpg

DSC_7620.jpg

DSC_7634.jpg

DSC_7641.jpg

DSC_7697.jpg

DSC_7719.jpg

DSC_7780.jpg

DSC_7823.jpg

DSC_7935.jpg

DSC_8175.jpg

DSC_8216.jpg

Heres some of my recent work:

2428283152_27d68f93cc_o.jpg

2427403113_02a59dd5ba_o.jpg

2424601555_50c5924dae_o.jpg

2425402162_57290012b5_o.jpg

2425400516_f82182cb3b_o.jpg

2392426456_67afa489c0_o.jpg

2356953127_ca0dd01df6_o.jpg

2356955179_462d544453_o.jpg

You can find more of my work at www.matthewmead.net

i shoot with a canon 350d+battery grip, 18-55 and 55-250is

Excellent action shots there Bakatono! nice work. QLD locals rep'n :thumbsup:

Name: James Truong

Gear: D200+18-200mm..

How Long: well I used to use a DMC-FZ20 which was a Semi-slr a last year.. but i only got the D200 couple of months now.

Interests:Well definately automotive photography is fun and challenging. but i pretty much love to photo anything i see.. haha

yess gravy!!! abandoned places.. 28dayslater is the best site ever!

_D2C3159rs.jpg

_D2C2756bwrs.jpg

_D2C2729rs.jpg

_D2C2669rs.jpg

_D2C1911.jpg

_D2C3358_001.jpg

P1130473.jpg

P1120405.jpg

P1120558.jpg

i love ferris wheels. haha esp the ones that have colourful lights!

^^

I was thinking the same thing too. Looks cool!

cheers guys... its like an abandoned retirement village... went in there during the day and though it would be cool get get some night flix so i went back about 2am by myself... i took a few alright ones, but that is my fav out of the set.. i was trying to i guess convey the scaryness of the whole joint.. was half expecting to bump into the clown face dude from 'saw'.. :lol:

this is another one out of the set that i think is kinda cool, looks like your kinda looking through night vision goggles... like, expecting to look to the left or right and seeing something or someone right infront of you that you really didnt want to see...

graff6.jpg

you got some sick photos there bakatono.. nice work :thumbsup:

an escobar, i love that last one of the sunset.... that is really cool.. :)

Edited by gravy
  • Upvote 1

Found this is the internets....well done I thought.

1208932274345.jpg

Mattmead, i love the shots of the GTR, especially the first one for some reason.

And escobar, you seem to have a good eye for photos, all of them a pretty impressive.

Very keen on the idea of a photography forum. Maybe if one gets created we can have a weekly/monthly topic or something like that? :)

Heres just a few of mine. I like just messing around and testing techniques. Some images I use photoshop which you will notice, mainly colour manipulation. It looks nice though.

I actually did the character of the bunny and my mate did the piece.

upakob.jpg

IMG_179.JPG

boardshot.jpg

IMG_113.JPG

IMG_155.JPG

IMG_443.JPG

IMG_362.JPG

IMG_365.JPG

Hey mate, try to keep discussion of that kinda content to PM's / offline :thumbsup:

some good shots though!

Also dabble in a bit of underwater photography... most photos taken in Truk Lagoon, Micronesia.. Japanese Naval Base World War 2(on the bottom of the sea floor.. 20m-60m deep..)

1899.jpg

truksunset.jpg

clownfish.jpg

mask.jpg

guamsunset.jpg

skull.jpg

beach.jpg

plane.jpg

me.jpg

clownfish2.jpg

shark.jpg

island.jpg

coral.jpg

truksunset2.jpg

stairs.jpg

featherstar.jpg

Edited by gravy
  • Upvote 1

Awesome stuff gravy....is that an 'el cheapo olympus waterproof camera job? or pro underwater camera type stuff?

It looks like the water adds a bit of noise to the photos too, some of them look great though! Is that a real skull? or a fake for the diving tourists?

Awesome stuff gravy....is that an 'el cheapo olympus waterproof camera job? or pro underwater camera type stuff?

It looks like the water adds a bit of noise to the photos too, some of them look great though! Is that a real skull? or a fake for the diving tourists?

cheers.. its like a sony cybershot and housing, camera about 500, housing about 700 when i got it.. i would never even think about taking my 400d down cuz the chance of it flooding isnt worth it... proper underwater camera setups are stupidly expensive and one tiny speck of shit on the o-rings at 40m deep will destroy all your gear.. i stick to my medium level setup for underwater shit.. got a bit of a homemade strobe, but thats about it.. its rated to 40m, but i have taken it to 80m and it hasnt imploded.

yeah, taking underwater photos you have to be aware that if you use a normal flash from where the lens is, you get reflections of all the particles in the water between the camera and the subject.. so you have to use other ways of lighting the subject up so that there is minimal light in the water between the camera and the subject if you know what i mean.

and nah thats a real skull, all these ships are full size naval battleships and tankers and everything, some in 60m-80m of water, its a very serious event going down and getting back alive at those depths(its called decompression diving), its not really a 'tourist' thing, not many people see that skull, its in the engine room of a ship at about 60m, you have to go right through passageways and hallways into the pitch black and hes a dude that got caught in a bunch of gears as the ship went down, and his skull is jammed up in there... eerie shit..

Edited by gravy
  • Upvote 1

that last one is a winner gravy! awesome stuff mang :)

Hey everyone im new just signed up to the forum.

Name: Casey

Gear: Canon EOS 40D, BG-E2N Battery Grip, Sigma 10-20, Canon 50mm 1.8, Canon 70-200 2.8 IS, 430EX Flash.

Time: Shooting for just over 2 years.

Here are some shots from DA Round 2 @ QR. First DA ever.

2-8.jpg

1-9.jpg

- Casey

I think we've proven there are a fair amount of photographers that visit this site. Both amateur and professional. Can we have our forum now? :D hahaha or... we'll just take over the photochop/graphic design section.. hhahaha cause this thread is getting wayyy to big. even my cable is starting to lag at it.

I think it is a good investment though as this website would provide alot of exposure for the budding photographers.. and in return we would provide plenty of coverage!

Hey everyone im new just signed up to the forum.

Name: Casey

Gear: Canon EOS 40D, BG-E2N Battery Grip, Sigma 10-20, Canon 50mm 1.8, Canon 70-200 2.8 IS, 430EX Flash.

Time: Shooting for just over 2 years.

Here are some shots from DA Round 2 @ QR. First DA ever.

- Casey

nice work mate, they're some cool photos, hopefully if this forum takes off we can see some more.. :)

I think we've proven there are a fair amount of photographers that visit this site. Both amateur and professional. Can we have our forum now? :D hahaha or... we'll just take over the photochop/graphic design section.. hhahaha cause this thread is getting wayyy to big. even my cable is starting to lag at it.

I think it is a good investment though as this website would provide alot of exposure for the budding photographers.. and in return we would provide plenty of coverage!

i agree... seriously, the sports and tv forums arent getting used at all, theres like noone posting in them... maybe one should be made into the photography forum.... ;)

Edited by gravy

Haha cmon mate, not HOPEFULLY IF. we'll MAKE this happen! if not.. we'll just spam this forum hahaha. :P

Haha cmon mate, not HOPEFULLY IF. we'll MAKE this happen! if not.. we'll just spam this forum hahaha. :P

Keep posting examples then.

It wont happen if it doesnt grow fella's. :thumbsup:

Keep posting examples then.

It wont happen if it doesnt grow fella's. :thumbsup:

its kinda hard to get a representation of interest from a thread alone.. everytime i bring it up in another thread, people are agreeing left right and center..

sau photography forum..

http://www.skylinesaustralia.com/forums/Ph...raphy-f143.html

boost.. 4 photography forums..

http://www.boostcruising.com/forums/index.php?showforum=186

http://www.boostcruising.com/forums/index.php?showforum=194

http://www.boostcruising.com/forums/index.php?showforum=192

http://www.boostcruising.com/forums/index.php?showforum=193

hardtuned photography forum..

?????

i think its a matter of if you have the resource there, the people will come, there is already about 10 decent photographers who has expressed interest in the section in the first page of this thread alone, there would be at least double that who would post if it was a forum, and double that again wanting to get into it and ask questions... even, if the section gets posted in once a day, it is an archive of images from events all around the country and world from stuff like autosalon, to drift events, and even test and tunes, car photoshoots, threads like photo of the week or month, recommendations for gear, tutorials for taking photos..... the list goes on and on and on, most people on this site would definitely browse an area like this.. it is very car relative, and i have no understanding as to why there isnt already one, i get the vibe that there would be a great community of photographers in here.

Edited by gravy