Sign in to follow this  
gravy

best music act ever?..

after seeing architecture in helsinki last nite ive been trying to work out what the best music act iver ever seen was... i wish i had kept like a list over the years of who i have been to see....

but yea, my highlight would have to be one of the last shows James Brown ever did for obvious reasons.. Brisbane Good Vibrations 2006...

.... whats yours??

quick list off the top of my head of the best gigs i have been to..

Architecture in Helsinki..James Brown..Mixmaster Mike..Cut Chemist..Blackalicious..Gangstarr..Swollen Members..Guru..Soul 2 Soul..Mos Def..DJ Shadow..Dj QBert..Roc Raida..Cypress Hill..Public Enemy..Scratch Perverts..Beastie Boys..Jurassic 5..Krafty Kuts..Kentaro..Matafix..Cash Money..ColdCut..Freeform 5..Digitalism..Lyrics Born..Cut Copy..The Streets..Kasabian..Crystal Method..Justice..Lily Allen..Lupe Fiasco..Diplo..John Butler Trio..Something for Kate..You Am I..Little Birdy..The Presets..Bob Evans..The Drones..The Butterfly Effect..Shapeshifter..Tool...Muse..The Killers..Foo Fighters..Jet..The Magic Numbers..TV Rock..Bob Sinclar..Daddy Cool..TISM..Xzibit..Frenzal Rhomb..Youth Group..Wolf & Cub..Rancid..Living End..Silverchair

im sure theres probably more then quadruple that, but too hungover to think...

I went to Acer Arena last year to watch Korn, supported by Hatebreed and Disturbed.. was awesome, only bad part was getting stared at by suicidal Gothic/Emo's as thoe i wasnt supposed to be there... Found a group of people dressed in regular attire and no make up, so they were my freinds for the evening... Lost my voice from all the yelling/singing, Mrs said she enjoyed the 5 days of peace and quiet that followed as a result..

She also then tried to convince me i should go and watch Boys to Men (Boys to Fags as i like to call them) to which i responded "LIKE F**k :no:

Split Enz - 2006

The Who - 2005

The Offspring - 2004

The Living End (seen them numerous times and they are the tightest three-piece ever!)

Split Enz - 2006

The Who - 2005

The Offspring - 2004

The Living End (seen them numerous times and they are the tightest three-piece ever!)

jealous as... :woot:

well being only young i havnt seen much

but when i went to parklife and saw Justice live and Digitalism live

blew me away because i love their music

Linkin Park for me, the whole crowd and atmosphere of the night was insane

The streets at this years bdo were mad also, as were Muse and the Vines

^^ most people don't even know there is a music section on this site

meh, that thread was started like months ago :rolleyes: this one is way cooler and for the people that dont hang in the music section.

For me it's a toss up between the Opeth concert at Big Top luna park 2006 and Tool when they were doing the Lateralus tour 2001 - I couldn't fault either bands, I've seen them both a couple of times now but those two shows in particular were brilliant.

definatly mj's history concert

and believe it or not justin timberlakes concert was pretty well done

(especially when his sexy as female dancers came out as strippers lol)

^ mj would be pretty nuts live

best concert i been to is prolly Metallica in 1998. and they played for like 3hrs B)

It was only a gig, but "rock the vote" at the Govenor Hindmarsh when the Funkoars and Terrafirma were on. It was so awesome!! Got to meet every member of the groups and even the Hilltop Hoods and Flak made an appearance :D

best gig ever is yet to come. Daft punk, december 20th, brisbane! wooooo.

other than that probably pendulum. Wasn't a massive crowd but if you can find an act with more energy without being on drugs then i'll give u a shiny dollar.

Bit of Old school, Sebastian Bach & Guns n' Roses was by far the best concert i've been to so far, they put on a really good show and involved the crowd well.

i'll be there as well... :)

Edited by gravy

gyroscope@ the gaelic club surry hills....their new "snakeskin" song rocked!

hip hop

cypress hill - festival hall 1995

talib kweli - the arena 2007

public enemy - adventjah RNA 2004

Electronic

Underworld - 2004 BDO

Dj Krush - the family 2005

and

Muse riverstage 2007

i'll be there as well... :)

im going there but melbourne

and after party with the whole gang

f**k YEAHH!!!

Linkin Park in Sydney was fair good.

Foo Fighters at Adelaide BDO was fair good too.

hangin for Foo Fighters comin in April :P

I went to the offspring way back in like '00-01. Was my first gig I'd ever been to. Was insane.

i have hardly been to many gigs at all, probaby 10 or so inc. silverchair (freakshow tour), koolism, felix da housecat, the cops, expatriate, and more i can't remember. but the best i've been to is the cat empire, which also had support from blue king brown and a US band called 'tourtured soul', sounds emo but they're like funky house/jazz type stuff, they were really good.

Roots, j5, del la sol, james brown, Lyrical commission due to "ahhh i dont think this is the right to to play this but yeah", punch ons galour and trem drops insight the premisis, funniest night

Gravy just out of curiousity whos peices is that in your avatar? havnt seen that before, doesnt look like a aus style but cant see much :S

Roots, j5, del la sol, james brown, Lyrical commission due to "ahhh i dont think this is the right to to play this but yeah", punch ons galour and trem drops insight the premisis, funniest night

Gravy just out of curiousity whos peices is that in your avatar? havnt seen that before, doesnt look like a aus style but cant see much :S

Kaeos..WTCS. brisbane writer..

full piece..

Edited by gravy

13th in melbourne :blush: