nismoman

Project S13 - Supersprint/Time Attack

little spotlights instead of headlights ftw, saved about 8kg in drift shitter (haven't weight S13 lights but you'd be surprised how heavy they are)

The headlights in the silvia already have the glass covers replaced by clear plastic so they weigh alot less than normal. What type of spotties did you go for?

Cheapo k mart jobbies which didn't work all that great and because they were spotties meant that what light they did shine was only directly in front of the car. We didn't think it was a problem until the announced qualifying for the qld round was at night and you couldn't see dick. (though we resolved that problem by busting the dogbox, the headlights can be pretty crap if the car doesn't move)

Ok i've ordered some 2in spotties from ebay

I probably should start my own thread rather than hijacking this one hey? :wub:

I've been thinking the same thing mate, as moving the weight up higher doesn't appeal to me too much, as well as trying to section it off in a 180SX. I like the setup though

Cheapo k mart jobbies which didn't work all that great and because they were spotties meant that what light they did shine was only directly in front of the car. We didn't think it was a problem until the announced qualifying for the qld round was at night and you couldn't see dick. (though we resolved that problem by busting the dogbox, the headlights can be pretty crap if the car doesn't move)

And then the 2nd box, and then the 3rd standard one....:)

I thought they actually came in handy for lighting under the car while we chnaged the gearboxes...

Yeah, that wasn't the best fun weekend. We were pretty awesome at quick gearbox changes by the end of it though :)

Here's a photo of how we did our front lights (which doesn't really apply to the 180 guys). the spotties were bolted to the plate on top of them which was then incorporated with the ducting for the intercooler and bolted securely to the rad support. This gave a good solid mounting, a nice duct for the cold air intake (straight through the lights) and most importantly, two great trays so when I was working on the car tools could go on one and beer and smokes on the other.

frontlights.jpg

:P

Nice way of doing it.

I'm going the Supermade headlight covers, and then just going some PIAA/Hella spotties in there

300x200_2007010500027.jpg

Just ordered a GT28RS aka Disco Potato from horsepowerinabox! Sweeeeettt!!!! :)

Did you get the 0.64 or the 0.86 exhaust housing?

Have you ordered cams yet? :)

0.64 housing. Can't wait to get it on and running!

No cams yet, but on the to do list.

Total budget is now blown out to $12k.

Still a few things I want to make it that little bit better. Such as:

1. Computer

2. Injectors

3. Bigger AFM (but depends on computer)

4. Cams

5. Swaybars

6. Lightweight 17x8 and 17x9 rims

7. New Semi slick rubber to fit above rims

That should make it pretty well set up then. Just means I need to rob a bank!!!! :lol:

Total budget??? what does that mean???

Mark, this passion does not allow for budgets.

Spend and enjoy!

haha i like ur theory SRS13, i to am also building a track 180 and my list just keeps growing!!!

i wish i could just spend and enjoy but the problem is you have to work work work, then spend, then put back together, then fix it again and then enjoy it hahahha

all the best with ur track project car, might see you at wakefield when my motors back in

cheers josh

Whats the fastest S13 that people know of around wakefield? I'm doing 1:08.4 in my sil80. I know of a megapower trackonly 180sx doing 1:07.99, but i'm not sure if an instructor was driving that or the owner for that time.

Whats the fastest S13 that people know of around wakefield? I'm doing 1:08.4 in my sil80. I know of a megapower trackonly 180sx doing 1:07.99, but i'm not sure if an instructor was driving that or the owner for that time.

I've not heard of an S13 in the 1:07's or quicker at Wakefield but surely there must be a few!

I am hoping to get into the 1:08's (to improve on the 1:09.4) when I get back there. A bit of work to do first though ;)

Post some details of your car (or start another thread)

I'll get some details and pics of both my S13's and put a thread together one day.

Briefly, the sil80 which does regular 1:08's is registered, 220rwkw, suspension, RE55's. Nothing out of the ordinary. No weight reduction other than rear seat

The silvia is similar, but is track-only, has alot of weight reduction (aiming for 1000kg), 230rwkw, suspension, RE55. I got 1:10 flat when it was full weight and on crappy tyres and 150rwkw.... I suspect -200kg, +80rwkw and better tyres should help significantly

TMB,

Pic's of your track only S13 please. It sounds like it will do 1.07's quite easily.......

Went down to Wakefield park on Saturday 20th Sept for speed off the streets day.

It was the first successful day at the track I've had with the car!!! So pretty stoked to do about 6 sessions and heaps of laps without too much trouble. Very satisfying overtaking a few Evo's and STI's. :)

Was down there with SRS13 and a friend hand timed our laps.

Best laps for us were:

SRS13 = 1.09.7

Me = 1.10.9

Have a base to build on now. Can't wait for more development, have

surge tank and lift pump going in, oil cooler and suspension tweaks on the way.

Next track day will be Eastern Creek 24th October 2008. ARDC practice day (L2S).

Good to see you had a full day of action. I'll have to run some faster times to give you boys something to chase...

There is an Autosports day on 23rd Nov http://www.autosports.com.au/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=139 and a CircuitClub day on 13th December. Make sure you are there. badhairdave will be bringing his NA S13 shitbox out for the Autosports day. Can you guys beat a measly NA? :)

Can you guys beat a measly NA? :)

In a straight line, hell yeah! :lol:

Mark's time was pretty good considering he was on 205/45/16 inch kumhos.

The 1:09.7 was OK for me considering I had no confidence in my brakes.

The GT wing made a big difference, particularly on the top part of the track. Heaps more left in it as I only got in 4 sessions in but was getting faster each session.

Looking forward to heading back there. Only thing is I DO NOT want to drive my car there again. It's bloody torture. Eastern Creek is so much more convenient.

Congrat on times guy's.

Would be good to get some quick s13's to the NSCC day on the 25/10/08. Check out the details at www.nscc.com.au

Shane

Sweet. Heaps of track days ahead. Hope I can make most of them.

if you can't beat my nugget there's something wrong with you :)

As it'll be the first time i've driven it i'd say i'll be building up the corner speed slowly.

I'll be very happy to get into the 10's first time out.

Sweet. Heaps of track days ahead. Hope I can make most of them.

They normally fill up well in advance, so I recommend entering asap