Sign in to follow this  
HUSTLA

Future JDM classics

Let's talk future JDM classics.

Hands down I believe the r32 gtr will be worth $$$ for original example in years to come but what about a silvia, 180sx, Supra even a 300zx ?

As above, but you'll be waiting a while for them to be worth a real serious amount.

Plus stock is way more desirable over modded.

Pretty much anything with real racing heritage.

The r32 gtr will be worth a lot of money in standard condition

I still modified mine knowing this because zero fucks given

Watching carsales over past few months, good examples of r32's are fetching big figures and arnt lasting long on there.

What model evo ?

R32's = already too late. They're getting shipped to USA. R34's hit 50k and started going back up, even in Japan.

Low km RZ Supra's don't exist

Clean Silvia's are impossible to find. S14/S15 being p-plate legal in NSW just destroyed them overnight. Somehow, clean ones do get snapped up, and get tunnel and rad support cut off for LS1 conversion omgwtf.

S15s will be worth heaps once the US can buy them, i reckon.

Type X will never really make the same splash because you can just convert the LHD equivalent with a handful of parts. though decent straight silvias are getting really hard to find.

GTRs of all creeds will skyrocket too once they pass the 25yr rule.

put money on anything that the US cant buy but think they want and it'll be a winner.

Interesting ^^^ 22b wrx I forgot about. Didn't think there was a big following for the Honda's here though.

woe the s14 is the meat in the sanga, keep them parts cheap!

but my sw20 sits on there nicely...

but would you sell it...that's the question.

I'm actually getting the mr2 ready to sell haha

s14 nah, I think of it as an old datsun 120y that follows me around through life.

Are you cunts emotionally attached to yours or would you sell up without a thought?

Got a 100% stock r32 gtr, I won't sell it anytime soon.. Had 1 of the s13's for over 10years aswell and couldnt part with it. Other 1, yes for the right $.

Got a 100% stock r32 gtr, I won't sell it anytime soon.. Had 1 of the s13's for over 10years aswell and couldnt part with it. Other 1, yes for the right $.

damn, 100% stock 32gtr will probably sell for enough to fund retirement if you keep it that long

probably already get a fortune selling it to some yank

Got very lucky, full history with books to.

Collecting parts as well, just storing them as I have a feeling in 10years + they'll be hard to find.

s14 nah, I think of it as an old datsun 120y that follows me around through life.

Are you cunts emotionally attached to yours or would you sell up without a thought?

Ironically those 120y are worth a bit, plenty of people with emotional attachment to different cars.

The problem is it can cloud your vision on what they are actually worth.

Good example of this is the guys asking crazy money for Aus delivered 32 GTR's

I've got 2 "classics" at the moment both 70's era. One muscle, one Jap.

One I've spent more on it than it will ever be worth (in my opinion), the other I got when prices were already high. Both purchased because I like the cars, not because they are an investment.

If you want to get cars to make money than forget looking at the ones you like and look at short term gains. Buying broken, repairing and selling etc.

There was a good thread on PF about this a while ago.

Ironically those 120y are worth a bit, plenty of people with emotional attachment to different cars.

The problem is it can cloud your vision on what they are actually worth.

Good example of this is the guys asking crazy money for Aus delivered 32 GTR's

I've got 2 "classics" at the moment both 70's era. One muscle, one Jap.

One I've spent more on it than it will ever be worth (in my opinion), the other I got when prices were already high. Both purchased because I like the cars, not because they are an investment.

If you want to get cars to make money than forget looking at the ones you like and look at short term gains. Buying broken, repairing and selling etc.

There was a good thread on PF about this a while ago.

I had to check out how much GTR's are going for and saw a GTS-T for 20k :lol: :lol: fuck off 20k

surprises me how many cars have come up in value, reckon the hard part would be keeping half of them rust free unless your rich enough to store a huge shed full of possible classics. shit a rust free datto or gemini would probably be worth the asking price just for the rarity of it lol

I always wanted an fd rx7 - looks like I'll just keep admiring them with their prices going up further haha

Oldschool Nismo parts are going thru the roof. People are buying everything up and stashing it hoping to cash in

Anything Datsun goes for stupid money, including the stuff that would have been paddock bashed only 10-15 years ago

R33 GT-R starting to go up, after bottoming out in the low to mid 20s. Some caryard wants 50k for a stocker with a good odo windback

R34's are now selling for the same money as early R35's

There's a skyline 26 (autech) should be complied soon, wonder what itl be worth?

i reckon the last model of the 90's jap sports/super cars will be the desirable ones.

S15, R34, RX7, Supra.

S15's are still 15-20k some are cheap as fk but for a 15yo car, they are holding well.

same vintage R34GTR is 70k+

R32 has some Bathurst rep, and a cheaper alternative to making a track weapon.

the last models are usually desirable, granted i have a s15 and wanted either that or R34 so i could be biased haha.

I wonder if the relaxed importation laws in future will affect prices.

Similar to NZ, where you're able to get a C63 AMG for the price of a new Camry.

Then there would be a touch less demand for these Jap cars.

Anyone know why ca s13's are not able to be complied anymore?

Edited by HUSTLA

are you serious?

there are CA18's left? :lol:

nah no idea, probably some nanny state shit where you can't bring in cars that don't have 30 airbags and give the EPA the middle finger

Anyone know why ca s13's are not able to be complied anymore?

probably not eligible when they changed to SEVS dues to power to weight ( like how you can only bring in autech s15s not normal type S) could still bring 88s in under the pre 88 rule which people have done

Yes there are CA's still out there, found a original 89'k at auction. Even a J series few months ago.

They must be getting rare over in japland by now

spose you used to see the occasional s13 being putted around by an old bloke or hairdresser type - they're probably stashed away in a shed somewhere like old dattos were

It's quite ridiculous how expensive these cars have become.

Early this year I was in the market for a 01/02 FD3S RS which were around 24k max for a really good one.

Now its hard to find one under 30k, locally and even aboard in Japan.

I was talking to a few import brokers and even they couldn't explain the price hike. Im going to stay patient and see if prices drop by next year.

My future classics would be R32 GTR's, FD3S, S2000 etc.

I remember when I was in California in July I was passing through a small town called Palm Springs and noticed a classic car dealer.

It had the usual Mustangs, Camaros, Impalas etc. but in the back it had a mint red NA6 Miata that looked fresh off the factory floor. I was told it had gotten a full restoration was was fetching $8000USD (usually they are 2-3k max on craigslist) over there. So I would definitely say the first gen MX5 is already in classic territory.

Not far from its original price in the early 90's (us). So many of them have been butched and scrapped.

I was talking to a few import brokers and even they couldn't explain the price hike. Im going to stay patient and see if prices drop by next year.

too late, prices on the FD3S will only keep rising, buy now if you are really keen. i'd love to own one myself but no funds...