Sign in to follow this  
blake12345

Clutch Install

Hey, I've got a S15 that needs its clutch replaced. I've brought the clutch and SMF and I'm looking for somewhere to get it installed that isn't going to cost me a fortune. I was quoted $750 which I thought was abit much.... Any suggestions on a decent workshop that won't charge a fortune?

Thanks Blake

cant do it yourself? it looks and sounds a lot harder than it is. otherwise pay a backyarder to do it, expect to pay $250-$300 max with all parts supplied.

I've done one before but don't have the space to do it anymore. Apartment living sucks.....

Do it on the side of the road, won't take long. I've done something similar in an ANU car park many years ago hahaha.

Edited by Stinkypoo
  • Upvote 1

I had my clutch replaced today at National Automotive! Gus is a legend and got the work done quickly! I highly recommend him

How much was it Blake? and did you get other stuff done at the same time? How long did it take? I'm just not sure what to expect in Canberra

Or does anyone else have experience with costs for clutch installs in canberra and/or recommendations for places to get it done?

At a guess, 3 hours labour at $120 per hour, so $360 in labour + clutch ($300-$500) + oil ($20-$40) + machining ($50-$80).

It's not that difficult a job, it's just a little awkward with the size of the box. The only time I've had issues is when I had Nismo Engine mounts, it seems to lift the engine to the point where installing the gearbox becomes difficult.

It makes it a hell of a lot easier to get the box back on if u jack the front of the engine up so the flywheel side is at a lower angle. The back corner of the head should be jamming the heater hoses against the firewall. If u don't do this its near impossible to get the box back on.