Sign in to follow this  
Tim Sil80

What seat in s13

Well i plan to eventually grab a decent seat for my Sil80 (hate rolling around in the stock seat)

Just wondering what the legalities are for a fixed back drivers seat in QLD, does the car have to be registered and mod plated as a 2 seater if just the drivers seat is fixed back ???

I kinda like the look of the Velo Gp90 but dont want the car to only be a 2 seater as the daughter likes coming for a blast from time to time. Another option could be the Autotechnia Bride Style seat that Option1 sells http://www.option1ga...Accessories.htm

Anyone running one of these seats ???

Any opinions welcome :thumb:

cheers Tim

R32 GTR seats.

OEM quality, you can trust it on safety (unlike reps) and they fit in quite well with a Type X interior too.

R32 GTR seats.

OEM quality, you can trust it on safety (unlike reps) and they fit in quite well with a Type X interior too.

I want new though bro, dont wanna pay 500-600 for some dirty old seat with ball sweat stains :puke:

R32 GTR seats.

I want new though bro, dont wanna pay 500-600 for some dirty old seat with ball sweat stains :puke:

Haha you pay for quality though.

Remember you have to buy rails too which are a small fortune themselves.

Depends what build you are, I'm a talk guy with a skinny waist so I find Recaro SR3's the same as stock seats lol. I love a Bride Lowmax fixed back but I can't live with it, hence why I'm sticking for stock + OEM is cool!

Just whatever you do if you want to buy fake please at least buy fixed back fakes. Just imagining how a replica reclinable seat would perform in a major accident hurts my brain.

Not to sure on the QLD legalities but ive always loved GTR seat upgrades or anything just a BRIDE seat..

Been in a Velos and im not the biggest of guy and i feel tiny inside of it lol.

I've had bride style covers made up for 180sx rear and r32 gtr front seats.

I'm waiting to weld the tab on the front seats before I put the covers on but the rear is done if anyone wants a look?

Ok well the Velo is out as you can't run a fixed back seat in QLD unless you remove the back seat and register it as a 2 seater. I love the look of the Bride reps but this is a bit of a worry.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j4Qsd4-8IMo

Wonder if the Bride style seat that Option1 sell is just as weak. I saw a pair of 32 GTR seats in awesome condition for $500 on gumtree last night near my area, funnily enough the add had dissapeared this morning. Another option is a worn 33 GTR seat i can get for around $150 but will cost around $300 to retrim and repair the bolstering.

Hmmmmm decisions decisions :unsure:

Edited by Tim Sil80

The obvious option is to get the one that needs repair, then pay for the retrim/refoam. You'll have a tested OEM-spec seat that's minty fresh, and didn't cost a fortune.

Any opinions on s15 seats over the s13 seats ???

These seem to sell fairly cheap these days.

Any opinions on s15 seats over the s13 seats ???

These seem to sell fairly cheap these days.

Good value for money, worth it for the price. Straight bolt in too so you cant go wrong.

they look good but don't really hold you any better

+1 for R32 GTR seats though the rails are a little tricky to bolt in...

If you have a mate who can weld or you can trace it out you only need to extend 1 of the leg holes atleast then all 4 bolts are in, i drove around for a while with just 3 bolts in and it was fine just obviously not safe in an accident haha..

I've had bride style covers made up for 180sx rear and r32 gtr front seats.

I'm waiting to weld the tab on the front seats before I put the covers on but the rear is done if anyone wants a look?

Keen to see these :thumb:

If you have a mate who can weld or you can trace it out you only need to extend 1 of the leg holes at least then all 4 bolts are in

Got a mate who's a genuis with a welder, so welding an extension tab on the rail would be no drama ;)

I think if i do grab this gtr seat i might get it retrimmed like this, wish this pic showed the full seat :drool:

33 GTR seats.jpg

I actually have alot of that Bride fabric, so drop me a PM if you are keen :)

I actually have alot of that Bride fabric, so drop me a PM if you are keen :)

If I grab the seat I'll be in contact mate.

I reckon buy good condition GTR 32 seats and spend the money you were going to spend on a upholsterer and instead buy Type X door cards, Type X rear seat, Type X glove box and if you want Type X carpet (its black if I recall)

Would look so mint and at a reasonable cost.

I reckon buy good condition GTR 32 seats and spend the money you were going to spend on a upholsterer and instead buy Type X door cards, Type X rear seat, Type X glove box and if you want Type X carpet (its black if I recall)

Would look so mint and at a reasonable cost.

I think that's only good value for someone who explicitly wants the Type-X trim for an oem-correct finish.

Not only would you be wasting time locating, purchasing and collecting Type-x trims in good condition at a decent price, but you would then have the hassle of selling your old trims [for peanuts] to whichever d*ckhead tries to lowball you into submission, and for what? Second-hand trims with second-hand fabric? He already has that lol. Retrimming isn't cheap, but at least you're spending your cash on something that's dissimilar to that which you already had.

Brand new fabric always has a better look and feel too.

Edited by pmod

r33 gtr seats with oem trims - i reckon there pretty comfy and there a straight forward install.

464284e983.jpg

Not really concerned about type x interior, just want a more hugging drivers seat. Don't really care about passenger comfort lol. Still love the fake brides but i really don't want to risk breaking my back if I happened to have an accident.

I think that's only good value for someone who explicitly wants the Type-X trim for an oem-correct finish.

Thats pretty much me lol. Thats why Im sticking to my tweed interior :P

So black carpet only comes from a type-x?

As far as I know, either black or really dark grey..

Not to sure on the QLD legalities but ive always loved GTR seat upgrades or anything just a BRIDE seat..

Been in a Velos and im not the biggest of guy and i feel tiny inside of it lol.

Thats why i dont like them really, the seat feels huge.

GTR seats are awesome, If you love your car then go for 34 GTR seats :P

Antonio don't worry about that dashcam guy, told loz about him and he said he's probably a spammer so won't be with us much longer (check his posts most of his replies are exactly the same as other people's posts)

Had another quote from another auto trimmer to retrim the 33 gtr seat if I buy it, $900 lol......bugger that.

I've heard 34GTR seats sit a little higher than s chassis seats. Can anyone confirm? Wouldn't mind putting some in my s15 but I don't want to sit any higher than I do now.

Had 32GTR seats in my old 180 years ago & they were great. Only complaint is that you had to open the door to access the boot/ fuel cap release as the gap between the door & the seat was too tight

I've heard 34GTR seats sit a little higher than s chassis seats. Can anyone confirm? Wouldn't mind putting some in my s15 but I don't want to sit any higher than I do now.

Had 32GTR seats in my old 180 years ago & they were great. Only complaint is that you had to open the door to access the boot/ fuel cap release as the gap between the door & the seat was too tight

I had the same issue with the Recaro SR3s in my 180sx. A nice solution is to convert the release mechanisms to be electric.

http://www.nissansilvia.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=539177

apologies for the delay. went out for ribs last night.

taken at night:

image001.jpg

image002.jpg

image003.jpg

image004.jpg

taken in the morning:

image1001.jpg

image1002.jpg

image1003.jpg

this is a 180sx rear seat, r32 gtr fronts still to come.

Sorry man not digging the fitment of those covers, wouldn't you of been better off just getting the seats retrimmed ???

My seat swap has gone on the back burner now, going to upgrade my turbo first :doh:

Nah just a bit crinkly, once I get some fat chicks in there it will settle down

Nah just a bit crinkly, once I get some fat chicks in there it will settle down

Need a few volunteers like this :puke:

4 FAT WOMAN FUNNY PHOTO.jpg