Sign in to follow this  
Element Unknown

roadies may be not necessary in vic?

Apparently roadworthy certificates for second hand cars may be scrapped in vic, anyone know more about this?

VACC seem to be kicking up a bit of a stink over it.

Edited by HumanHefner

I only saw an ad posted by VACC (in real life) in the herald sun, thought i would chuck up a quick question/post from my phone. :rolleyes:

On further inspection it probaly doesnt apply to a 20yr old nissan.

Some articles i dug up both dated this month (July 2014)

http://practicalmoto...fety-says-vacc/

http://www.heraldsun...v-1226997752373

Edited by HumanHefner

^ Source links = Thread now useful.

Good reading, would be interested if it did go ahead.

I know VicRoads stopped producing the reg stickers to reduce the red tape. Looks like the Gov are trying to restructure a lot of stuff to further reduce more tape.

Cheers,

Andy

Edit: Although I think this still relates back to the link I produced (Jan 14) and that's only relating to vehicle no more than 5 years old or something like that.

They have done something similar in NSW whee you dont need to get the yearly rego inspection (pink slip) for cars less than 5 years old

I think its stupid though as all they really end up checking is tyres and lights, all of which can easily perish in a year, let alone 5 years.

Eg mum had a getz that was 4 years old, had a cracked windscreen she hadnt got around to getting replaced and didnt realise her rear tyres were below indicators till I pointed it out. Wouldnt have got noticed till her next service in 3 months, but she could renew the rego without inspection. Thats silly in my eyes.

Still generally jelous that you guys only need an inspection when selling car or defected. Would make like a lot easier.

That's probably the only good thing Victoria has to offer in terms of registration laws for modified car owners. Once you're in, you're in(so to speak). If you can avoid getting a defect you won't have to put your car through any road safety checks for the foreseeable future.

Dangerous at the same time though due to normal people who don't respect their cars and drive around in complete bombs that haven't been serviced in 5 years, with bald tyres, close to non existent brakes and with only one out of three working brake lights.