Sign in to follow this  
blackdragon999

Twin Turbo boost controller

Hey everyone,

Just need a little help with a boost controller. I have an opportunity to grab myself an electronic boost controller for free (not sure on brand) but hey its free!

Those of you that know and now those that didn't, I will be running a 2JZGTE in my car with the standard sequential twins. I have been looking online and found that a twin solenoid boost controller is required to run the twins properly.

My question is: If I take possession of said electronic boost controller, would it be possible to run a second solenoid so that I can control both turbos properly?

If so, has anyone done it on here, maybe show me how they set it up? Maybe someone has a twin solenoid controller that they could show me the setup diagram or something similar??

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Cheers, Kurt

depends on boost controller and how it handles running a twin setup.

some allow for second solenoid, some use t pieces..

So the boost control unit is called a "BCU+"....? It's got a pretty thick booklet with lots of features. It has a page for twin turbo boost control but it appears to be parallel twin setup not sequential. I'm guessing that adding in another solenoid or using a t-piece would just be a try and see which works?

I thought if I added another solenoid in and spliced the wires off the existing one in the system that it should send the signal to open/close the solenoid to both?

Any ideas?