GT28RS AFR? 

AFR Gt28rs HKS AFR Sr20det Redtop Disco potato Boost
9 replies to this topic

#1 rlGed^180

• Car:REDTOP 180SX

Posted 03 March 2012 - 11:42 PM

I was reading on a other post that a gt28rs will damage your engine with out a tune cause of air fuel ratios

My setup on my redtop 180 will be fmic,bov, full exhaust,manifold, gt28rs, apexi pod,profec a and HKS AFR my car has stock injectors and fuel pump

Question is can I boost it to it's maximum potential safely because I have a HKS AFR?

#2 STR8E180

• Car:GTR R34 V-SPEC

Posted 04 March 2012 - 12:51 AM

http://www.alamomoto.../HKS/hksafr.htm

Is that what u got? I would be adjusting air fuel ratio on a dyno to double check it's safe
If u still have standard injectors and fuel pump u will be limited
If u don't know what your doing pay some one to do it on a dyno for u

#3 rlGed^180

Posted 04 March 2012 - 05:53 AM

Yea that's it. Not many people talk about it on here, Yea I will man this is one thing I prefer not to play around with and when I Finnish putting my car back to gether I'll get it adjusted by a perfeshional

If I was to put A fuel pump and injectors in will the HKS AFR handle/controll the upgrade and avoid me spending money on a PFC

#4 greens14

Posted 04 March 2012 - 08:38 AM

It might work ok bro, but it is a cheap tight arse way of doing it.
Just nistune it and know thT it is tuned properly.

#5 rlGed^180

Posted 04 March 2012 - 09:06 AM

greens14, on 04 March 2012 - 08:38 AM, said:

It might work ok bro, but it is a cheap tight arse way of doing it.
Just nistune it and know thT it is tuned properly.
It's true man im tight assing it I'm just trying to work with what I got, the turbo dump pipe and manifold came off a other car for pretty cheap now between baby/house and I want 180-200rwkw I'm just hoping it's all good enough to run safely ( will get it on the dyno I guess like the other bloke suggested cause I don't want to do damage I just don't want to take it there and get told I need a computer )

#6 _R_J_K_

• Car:Zenki S14

Posted 08 March 2012 - 04:44 PM

You're swapping a pretty major component there. Do it once, do it properly. Wait until you can afford a tune. Nistune's are cheap and good, simply attaches to your stock ECU, and the board costs nowhere near as much as a PFC.

#7 _R_J_K_

• Car:Zenki S14

Posted 08 March 2012 - 04:53 PM

Also, you'll probably find that it will respond a lot better to the turbo if you get it tuned.

#8 fiend.

Posted 08 March 2012 - 05:30 PM

I wouldn't trust that HKS AFR personally. Your engine is worth quite a lot more than that bit of electronic kit... Although I have to say I haven't tried one and don't know anyone who has.

I'd rather a proper tune by someone I know, that way you can have piece of mind and it will consolidate and make the most out of all the parts you've worked hard to fit.

Edited by fiend., 08 March 2012 - 05:30 PM.

#9 klv180sx

• Car:1995 Nissan 180sx

Posted 08 March 2012 - 07:48 PM

Absolutely get a tune, everything will run better and there is less chance of anything going wrong...basically what everyone else has already stated.

Good Luck

#10 chris2712au

• Car:S15gt

Posted 10 March 2012 - 07:12 PM

manipulating the fuel is only half the story.. it will stop the engine from going bang.. but it will mess the timing up.. it isnt all about the fuelling.. and adjusting it will not give much improvement in responsiveness if any.. a disco is a fair size upgrade from a t25.. I would imagine you would start running out of fuel at about 13psi in the top end.. with the stock injectors..

Edited by chris2712au, 10 March 2012 - 07:13 PM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

dfp

Common Links

• About Us
  • Privacy Policy
  • User Agreement
  • Help & Support Forums
  • Advertise
  •  

By your continued use of this site, you agree to follow all Rules & Guidelines and abide by the User Agreement outlined in our Terms & Conditions.

Hardtuned Network is hosted by Sanity Technology

Design, Site Management & Hotness provided by Loz.

Big thanks to all our members and volunteers for making this network what it is today!