It's time to say THANKS! Are you a devoted NS/HT Member? If so click here for something special

Matty T's BNR32 GTR GTR

94 replies to this topic

#1 Matty 31

• Car:Territory, GTR, Mini

Posted 19 August 2010 - 05:43 PM

Took delivery on monday of my new project after the demise of the 31 build

Big thanks straight up to Kristian (Iron Chef Imports) for the assistance during the importing, 2 months turnaround isnt bad at all

Specs

1991 BNR32 GTR
smidge over 110,000 on the clock
timing belt changed at 103,000km

Mods

AVS model 6 wheels, 17x9 (235 rubber all round)
Tein coilovers
Tein castor rods
HKS mushroom filters
Blitz Dual SBC boost controller
Blitz turbo timer
HKS gauges (in glovebox lol), boost, oil temp, oil press, water temp
LCD boost meter on dash
BEE*R rev limiter
(appears) stock ECU
Nismo catback exhaust
Nismo gearknob
some gay as aids steering wheel

Plans

Got a pair of Sparco Sprint V seats and TRS harnesses to go in before Skyline Nationals (in 3 weeks, eek)
Oil cooler / filter relocator (check, goes in next thursday)
Mines Cam Baffle kit (check, next thursday too)

Couple of pics for now (thanks to lukey aka HMAS for the pics)

Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

Attached Thumbnails

• Attached Image: 2010-06-15 12.49.29.jpg

#2 Tall Paul

• Car:C35 LAUREL

Posted 19 August 2010 - 08:57 PM

awesome man.

cant wait to see it up close at lala in october if ya know what i mean:whistle::thumb:

#3 adubz

• Car:s13 & Toyota Hilux

Posted 19 August 2010 - 09:18 PM

sweet as mate..

i may or may not be a little bit jealous :blush:

look forward to see this beast out on the track as well :thumb:

#4 Matty 31

Posted 22 August 2010 - 10:36 PM

did some work on it today at Luke_ENR34s workshop

seems brembos dont clear AVS6s :( however i did get to and tidy some wiring up

head unit came out

climate control moved down one slot

relocated Bee*R, EBC and the (brand discovered) Mines Boost Meter into the spare DIN slot. looks a tad ghetto but will get a trim panel made up to suit

#5 Matty 31

Posted 30 August 2010 - 09:45 PM

spot of progress, car is in the capable hands of decs & luci at Garage 7

cam baffle kit is in, oil cooler was being installed.

decs did a consult on the ECU, seems it has a chip, but the fuel / ignition maps are unchanged. speed cut is at 512kph and rev limit at 8300rpm

might even be able to get my hands on a set of bride super low rails if i get onto a forum member early enough tomorrow

and my ARC airbox rocked up too :P

#6 Tall Paul

Posted 30 August 2010 - 10:28 PM

512kph?? whoa lol

sounds like she is coming along nicely matty

not long till skynats. ive handed out and posted up a few posters for you :thumb:

#7 skwiz

• Car:Lexus LS400

Posted 29 September 2010 - 06:56 PM

512? yeah, im sure you would be thinking what the f**k at 400kph :P

#8 Matty 31

Posted 29 September 2010 - 07:03 PM

wow

spose this thread needs moar updates

i'll get to them as time goes on

in short

skynats: blew turbo
last weekend: changed stock turbos out, put in 2860 -7s (GT-SS)
today: cleaned plugs (running like arse), discovered i had splitfire coil packs :lol:

tune next week when i return from whyalla, and then another track day (to see if i get more than 6 laps this time :lol:)

#9 Matty 31

Posted 09 October 2010 - 10:44 AM

couple of pics (thanks again to lukey :P), SAU:SA track day on thursday

running stock ecu, rich as shit, and only 9psi with the 2860 -7s. best time of 1:25.82

Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

#10 GTRGOD

• Car:R32,

Posted 09 October 2010 - 07:18 PM

nice and clean i think im going to use iron chief to import me 34gtr as he seems to know what h s doing

#11 Matty 31

Posted 31 October 2010 - 06:55 AM

shopping list is nearly completed for now

PFC + HC - check
750cc injectors - check (helps if i pick up and pay for them though :lol:)
Sard FPR - check

All that is left is to see what fuel pump im running (always up for a surprise), and if its shit / stock, its getting replaced with an 040 or a Walbro, and then make a new exhaust that comes out the back so it can actually be tuned :lol:

And not to forget, ive got adjustable front and rear arms to go in, swaybars / link kits to order from whiteline, and a diff to get looked at (and while thats out soild cradle bushes will be in order)

and posing pics

Posted Image

Posted Image

bout all it does good at the moment :lol:

#12 rjaayyx3

• Car:Nissan S12

Posted 20 November 2010 - 09:53 AM

this thing looks so damn tuff !

#13 Matty 31

Posted 28 November 2010 - 02:51 PM

and it gets better

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

fixed the exhaust, now runs twin 2.5" front pipes (custom made) into a 3.25" collector, then to 3.5" pipe to the rear

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

and i love having access to a hoist at my mate's place :P

Posted Image

#14 CalebS15

• Car:JDM Spec R

Posted 28 November 2010 - 06:45 PM

Nice so far, any vids of it out on the track?

#15 Matty 31

Posted 05 December 2010 - 08:44 AM

theres a couple floating around somewhere, i'll hav to hunt them out

apparently our SAU:SA track day is going to be on Motive DVD #11........and if im right, that means my ugly mug might be on there hahaha

#16 RubyRS4

• Car:Stagea

Posted 07 December 2010 - 01:17 PM

Matty 31, on 05 December 2010 - 08:44 AM, said:

theres a couple floating around somewhere, i'll hav to hunt them out

apparently our SAU:SA track day is going to be on Motive DVD #11........and if im right, that means my ugly mug might be on there hahaha

Yes Matty, you'll get your 5 minutes of fame. The SAU:SA track day will be out of DVD lord knows when, but its coming (we're guessing March edition).

Any more parts your GTR needs, that my shed might have laying around? :P

#17 Matty 31

Posted 11 December 2010 - 03:55 PM

more progress

smoked indicators in, centrecaps on, single wiper conversion (until it annoys me haha), and worked on the dash cluster

Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

and the goodies that G7 fitted up for me (cos i was sooooo damn lazy to do it myself :lol:)

Posted Image
Posted Image

currently working on the dash panel, mounting my 4 gauges (oil temp, press, water temp and boost) and my lap timer display to it all. got a cradle for my PFC hand controller to sit in, whether it will hold it at 200kph is another thing :lol: nothing a rubber band cant fix

#18 Matty 31

Posted 22 December 2010 - 10:00 PM

some more updates

Posted Image

Posted Image

the dash panel

ive mounted the PFC hand controller next to it on the side of the dash with a bit of velcro. phone holder failed LOL

also installed the arms, and had some very nice 265/35/18 R1Rs fitted last week

booked for a tune with Decs at G7 on the first week of January, then to get it in at Boss Diffs before 22nd January practice day

#19 Tall Paul

Posted 22 December 2010 - 10:05 PM

looking good mr t. smoked indicators set if off

#20 Matty 31

Posted 08 January 2011 - 10:23 AM

more updates again

its been and had the 750cc injectors, bigger rail and new FPR installed

went to tune it on wednesday, seems theres a gremlin in the electrics somewhere. we suspect a dodgy AFM. So the ARC airbox has been turfed for some pods (for now, a GMS style air intake will be fabricated). In the meantime we're goin to try a set of 34R AFMs and see if that fixes the issue, if it doesnt i'll be heading down the Z32 route, with hard intake pipes to suit

22nd Jan practice is out for now, as ive gotta let the bank balance recover and still get the diff done (and the next time i can realisitcally get the car in for a tune is just before australia day)

#21 Matty 31

Posted 24 January 2011 - 08:30 PM

tune was successful today

333rwkw on 18psi

next practice is 3 weekends away, then rocking hard into the MGEC AWD TURBO CHALLENGE 2011 :D

#22 timmy.d

• Car:ke70 sil80 ssz

Posted 01 February 2011 - 07:28 PM

this thing looks so tuff GTR all the way

#23 Matty 31

Posted 09 February 2011 - 01:52 PM

well

you fix one thing, and break three f**king others :rant:

ripped the inner guard lining on the LHS (probably due to a combination of 265s and 4.5deg pos castor)
did a "launch" and the clutch slipped
fuel pump relay shat itself

- so attempted the clutch change, between people not turning up and not having 100 percent the right tools, it didnt get started
- fixed the fuel pump wiring up after some headaches, now i think the fuel gauge doesnt work properly. have only run the car briefly so dont know if its had a chance to come back up or not since filling up
- removed the bracket that held the guard lining so the tyre doesnt get ripped to shreds by that, then discovered on full lock left the inner edge of the right tyre touches the swaybar LOL

fitted a "copy" of the Garage Defend undertray.......and found why its a copy. got more zipties holding shit together now than my red skidder ever had

clutch is getting changed by my missus' brother, and we're on tabs for being ready for saturday

#24 JDM EVO

• Car:Evolution VI GSR

Posted 10 February 2011 - 07:09 AM

Sorry to hear of your woes.

Looks tough though mate and it's making some decent power! I assume you have entered in round 1 of Time Attack?

#25 Matty 31

Posted 10 February 2011 - 08:13 PM

JDM EVO, on 10 February 2011 - 07:09 AM, said:

Sorry to hear of your woes.

Looks tough though mate and it's making some decent power! I assume you have entered in round 1 of Time Attack?

thanks :) its one of those car things that you come to accept, but its the badge that makes it cost so much (as im sure you're aware already haha). Entered in the AWDTC, got round 1 and 2 entries covered

seems the clutch was just a Nismo organic based HD upgrade with the stock pressure plate still intact. the flywheel was fair heatspotted too. On a bit of a browse back down the car it seems my car has a V-spec diff too :S hence why it felt like it was open wheeling

The new clutch is like a lightswitch :lol: stalled 3 times just getting it on the trailer. Re-ziptied the gay undertray that decided to pop out from under the lip, fitted my tow strap (thanks to Nigel aka BIT SUS Customs), all ive got to do is get all my oils / coolant / etc ready tomorrow arvo, fill my jerries up and head out saturday :)

Im probably not goin to bother setting up my lap timer this time (mainly the pit wall transponder), just want to get a feel for the car.

#26 rjaayyx3

• Car:Nissan S12

Posted 24 February 2011 - 08:24 PM

r32 always look so tough.

#27 Guest_Dark Bringer_*

Posted 26 February 2011 - 08:47 PM

Sick GTR. Just the best track car i reckon!

#28 Matty 31

Posted 02 March 2011 - 05:08 PM

Time for a thread update

Made it to the Feb practice day. Got a good feel for the car, good weather for it. Forgot to take my lap timer transponder so that kinda f**ked me up getting accurate lap times. in my slower sessions a mate had me at 1m25s mark, and i wasnt going flat out down the back. Managed to in later sessions, got a good feel for lines by following (and kinda chasing) a couple of IPRA cars

Then the dreaded moment came

A glance at the oil pressure gauge and a rattle from under the bonnet.........she went low then dropped to zero :( Suspecting that the oil pump failed

Car is currently undergoing major heart surgery at Garage 7. New motor already sourced (96 R33 RB26, 65k on the clock, just needed injectors, cams and turbos to run). Using the head off the old motor (as its already assembled and has the baffle kit), doing the Tomei restrictor, a rear drain mod, Nitto oil pump and Hi Octane high capacity baffled sump

Was all go for this sunday and Time Attack R1, but due to a couple of other issues (first the Patrol shitting the cooling system at the end of the Winton Drift Matsuri trip, and now being sick and lethargic) ive had to back out of Round 1 :( Car should be back and running in the next week or so as we're not rushing now to finish it, and im goin to try and get to another practice day before Mt Alma Mile

Ive had all the GTR headaches i knew i was going to have at some point, just all happened very close together

#29 Matty 31

Posted 12 March 2011 - 07:31 AM

some new progress pics

Hi Octane Racing high capacity sump and Nitto Oil Pump

Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

Head is next to go back on, got faced by Lewis Engines the other day, waiting on a head gasket to arrive
Also replaced the front diff gearing into the housing, just waiting to torque it all up

#30 Matty 31

Posted 03 April 2011 - 09:33 PM

Keeping the long winded end of the engine side of things short, cut it super fine to have it ready for the Mt Alma Mile hillclimb event this weekend just been (2nd/3rd April)

First competitive event in the car, first time doing a hillclimb, first time EVER to see this Mt Alma hillclimb. Scary stuff

Kept a reasonable pace for the first day, a 50.3 followed up by a 49.5 for my last run on the saturday. put me 23rd overall and 11th in class

Sunday, i got a bit more confidence (and a bit more gee-d up by following RH9 each time). My launches got harder, braked later and went through corners quicker

Reeled out a 49.03 and a 49.00, then the "all or nothing" last run of the day came round. 10sec to go before being released for my run, i took it out of gear momentarily to rest my clutch leg, and couldnt get the f**ker back in :( officials rolled me back off the start line, only for a couple of mates come over and we cure the problem. Got to do my last run up the hill, was very loose off the line (torque steer like a *I love my mum*), so probably not the 49 flat i did on my 4th run of the weekend.

By the end, i was placed 19th overall, and 9th in class. For a first timer at this shit, i dont think im doing too bad

SAU:SA Track day in 8 days time (11th April), might be able to do some R&D on spring rates, these Tein coilovers are shitting me, and im goin to use the Bilsteins that were in the boot when the car arrived, and get some Auroras made up to custom rates to match

Next "competitive" round is Time Attack Round 2 in May

(pics coming soon im sure, giving the photo dudes a chance to recover from trigger-finger-itis :lol:)

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

Common Links

• About Us
  • Privacy Policy
  • User Agreement
  • Help & Support Forums
  • Advertise
  •  

By your continued use of this site, you agree to follow all Rules & Guidelines and abide by the User Agreement outlined in our Terms & Conditions.

Hardtuned Network is hosted by Sanity Technology

Design, Site Management & Hotness provided by Loz.

Big thanks to all our members and volunteers for making this network what it is today!