It's time to say THANKS! Are you a devoted NS/HT Member? If so click here for something special

Next gen SILVIA s16?ideas/ pettition/have your say!new pics! 

225 replies to this topic

#181 JDM014

• Car:1996 s14 series 1 sport

Posted 10 March 2012 - 09:22 PM

It needs to be a g37 shell/chassis with 4cly turbs
It wouldn't cost much Nissan just need to grow a set and build the thing

#182 JDM014

Posted 10 March 2012 - 09:23 PM

It needs to be a g37 shell/chassis with 4cly turbs
It wouldn't cost much Nissan just need to grow a set and build the thing

#183 sayjay88

• Car:s15 silvia

Posted 11 March 2012 - 05:50 AM

I have been thinking into this thread alot and i agree completely with jdm014. With the sucess of the new gtr and the huge rise in power and performance its only fitting to see a new generation silvia with increased numbers. I believe that a rise in engine capacity is also a must with around 2.3 Litre capacity would be bang on the money for more torque and to get the horsepower figures up with potential for future modification and high power outputs. the engine should retain being all alloy but with a direct injection fuel system to aid in fuel economy and emissions and should also obtain a similar bore and stroke as the original sr20 and rid of the rocker valve actuation. with a gt2871r turbocharger and around 12psi of boost from the factory i believe decent numbers could be achieved at the engine say goodbye to the old 147kw at the flyweel with the new number of around 220 to 240kw. The style of the exterior will no doubt be designed like a modern car with sharp lines but i would like to see origins of the s15 passed on. perhaps more pumped guards that can accomodate a larger wheels from the factory say 18x8 at the front and 18x9 at the rear and more aggresively styled headlights and tailights with a similar style to that off the audi s5. brakes would be drilled rotors all around with 4 piston calipers up front and 2 on the back perhaps similar to a standard wrx brakes or maybe even brembos but this would raise the cost dramatically. modern cars are always goin to be heavier due to increased safety standards and regulations and this car will be presumed to have a 5 star ancap safety rating. I can say that i would like weight to be around 1300 to 1400 kilos but i believe this is unrealistic with more airbags and sound deadening 1450kg could be achievable with the use of light weight wheels and alumininium bonnet and boot. now to the interior i have always liked sports cars interiors how they are very basic with most of the cars budget spent on handling and performance. I would like this to carry on for the s16 but with more supportive front seats trimmed in leather from the factory and not as a paid option. I would like it look like a modern dc5 integra interior but without the red or blue colouring just all black and the round airconditioning vents have to be passed on cause an s15 with 3 defi gauges in those vents and one on the a pillar looks so damn good. The instrument cluster will be changed to the tachometer on the left and the speedo back in the middle with fluroescent blue illumination with a red holographic needle and perhaps a boost gauge could be nice and maybe a similar information screen to the gtr without as many functions. As anyone who has ever had been unfortunate enough to sit in the back of a silvia would know there is barely enough leg room for a small child let alone an adult so perhaps some more leg room in the back. traction control and esp would be included but have the option to be switched off permanetly with the touch of a button. As everyone knows the weak point of the s15 was the gearbox so that should be beefed up 6 gears should be retained with a strecthed first and second gear ratio to get over 100km/h in second gear with the option of a dualclutch sequential automatic similar to the gtrs but not as high tech or advanced which feeds through to a lsd to feed power to the rear wheels. 0 to 100km/h would hopefully be achieved in 5 seconds flat or just under perhaps just to give some stick to the commodores and falcons. If an ss can get to 1 hundred in low fives and nearlly weigh 2 tons surely with these figures the s16 could achieve these numbers. Also as jdmo14 suggested there could be a luxury model like the spec r with a sunroof but i am not to fussed on these features but i do strongly agree with his s tune idea . Throw some brembos on, carbon bonnet boot, more agressive steering wheel and interior. 15psi boost larger exhaust intercooler and stickier tires and perhaps some rays would be nice and some handling tweaks and there is your s tune just like sti tunes the standard wrx. pricing would be 45000 for the base model and 54000 for the s tune model. I know this will probably never happen and its just me dreaming but if nissan were kind enought to grace us with another silvia this is what i would want I to be like. I really think the styling of the infiniti concept with the grey paint is exceptionally good looking and would be happy if it came out looking something like this. I cant see why this couldnt go into production seeing as toyota and subaru have released the gt86/brz which are both light weight rear drive sports cars. they look great and all they are missing is the turbo but both of them have gt and sti models planned. Reading up on them was what actually made me sit down and think about the s16. Plus heaps of manufacturers are moving towards forced induction these days look at the new m5 the new c63 amg. the gt falcon is supercharged, xr6 turbo, focus rs, audi rs3 etc etc. There isnt enough light weight rear drive sports cars in the world anymore. any added thoughts would be greatly appreciated. Come on nissan get this done

#184 Suspop

• Car:S15 / Megane RS 250

Posted 11 March 2012 - 08:35 PM

It's amusing how all argue that it doesn't cost much to product it, so it should be produced.
It can be produced with great margins.
But it's not about the money. End of story.
How thick do you have to be to not get that?

#185 spongeboy

• Car:180 sx

Posted 11 March 2012 - 10:09 PM

Yes, a s16 won't happen anytime soon.. In all honesty there just isn't a viable market anymore.. The FT 86 and BRZ might not find a steady market either. It's a shame that recent purist cars are wearing thin these days

#186 JDM014

Posted 22 March 2012 - 08:00 PM

Good stuff I'm glad to see your all starting to see my vision :)

It's all possible and cost effective , Nissan even have a name for it ( I don't know what it is) but in a nutshell they are designing series of vehicle using common parts inthe chassis so that the front middle and rear of the cars floor plan can be switched between many different types of cars ( obviously the panels on the cars exterior will be different ) but this means cheaper manufacturing costs = more chance of an s16 Silvia being built if you can use different bits from g37/z34/r35 ect ect

#187 JDM014

Posted 22 March 2012 - 08:03 PM

Spongeboy the sr20 has already been replaced by two more than worthy blocks the mr20de & the mr25de add a T to either and there is your engine!

#188 Brian Fantana666

• Car:s14, tx gemmini

Posted 26 March 2012 - 12:14 AM

definantly keep it 4cyl and increase it to 2.5L and keep the weight below 1200kgs.
Whats the mr25de out of?

Edited by Brian Fantana666, 26 March 2012 - 12:23 AM.

#189 Veafo

Posted 05 April 2012 - 05:37 PM

So, Nissan just came out with this...

http://www.caradvice...ake-a-comeback/

#190 Suspop

Posted 10 April 2012 - 06:59 PM

And it's here

http://www.carsales....he-agenda-29642

And here

http://news.drive.co...0407-1whni.html

But...

Because they are not dumb enough to make the same mistake and make their entry level car be able to out perform their top of the line, they'll do a shit job on this car just like I been saying... Not a S16.

#191 aym23q

• Car:S15

Posted 11 April 2012 - 01:27 AM

As long as its turbo and easily tunable it will be a hit. Standard s15s are nuggets they only start moving when modded.

#192 Peter89

• Car:S14

Posted 11 April 2012 - 02:22 AM

View PostJDM014, on 21 December 2009 - 06:55 AM, said:

I dont know what made me wanna do this but i thought it would be good for a bit of fun,

What would you want or expect should be in a next gen sil? (we all know it aint happening anytime soon!)

* competition mode traction control and launch control
* 5* ancap saftey rating(insurance purposes) 6 airbags dynamic stability control that can be switched to competition mode for the track
* still have 4 seat configuration

I say NO airbags as standard. Australians can't do any legal modifications due to shitty engineering laws and passing cars with airbags.

Traction control just creates legal issues and more money towards something that not many want. its a silvia not an evo.

4 seats. I don't know. how many people actually use all 4 often? the 2 seats in the rear current are so small no average or tall australians can fit in them for anything but a short period of time.

SR20VET.
Aluminum chassis. Similar design as the S15 but wider track.
2 seats.
Front mid engine. at least slightly further back then currently placed.
Slightly more space around the front of the car.
Design for modifications in mind.

Instead of aiming for power since emission laws are too strict. Weight, reliability and the ability to modify should be the main focus. Like the FT86.

#193 Suspop

Posted 11 April 2012 - 10:41 PM

View PostAym23q, on 11 April 2012 - 01:27 AM, said:

As long as its turbo and easily tunable it will be a hit. Standard s15s are nuggets they only start moving when modded.
It will not be turbo, because then it'll be the same problem all over as in the 90s.
They'll make it so you can't easily squeeze out power to make it competitive vs a stock GTR, or even a 370Z.
And with a turbo motor, you can easily do that - no no chance that it'll be turbo.
Just light rear-wheel drive, coupe - like a MX5

Edited by Suspop, 22 April 2012 - 09:50 AM.

#194 JDM014

Posted 14 April 2012 - 07:16 PM

Mate as I said it has to be realistic , I.e something that Nissan would put there name on, it has to be cutting edge and something that will smash the competition for a fraction of the cost,

There is know way Nissan or any government in the world would allow the sale of a death trap with no safety features and 20year old technology , that is exactly the same as the car they've banned most people from driving and importing all over the world, also it beads the 4 seats to make it a passenger car for rego an insurance purposes, otherwise just buy a 370z or go buy a vl Calais bro

View PostPeter89, on 11 April 2012 - 02:22 AM, said:

View PostJDM014, on 21 December 2009 - 06:55 AM, said:

I dont know what made me wanna do this but i thought it would be good for a bit of fun,

What would you want or expect should be in a next gen sil? (we all know it aint happening anytime soon!)

* competition mode traction control and launch control
* 5* ancap saftey rating(insurance purposes) 6 airbags dynamic stability control that can be switched to competition mode for the track
* still have 4 seat configuration

I say NO airbags as standard. Australians can't do any legal modifications due to shitty engineering laws and passing cars with airbags.

Traction control just creates legal issues and more money towards something that not many want. its a silvia not an evo.

4 seats. I don't know. how many people actually use all 4 often? the 2 seats in the rear current are so small no average or tall australians can fit in them for anything but a short period of time.

SR20VET.
Aluminum chassis. Similar design as the S15 but wider track.
2 seats.
Front mid engine. at least slightly further back then currently placed.
Slightly more space around the front of the car.
Design for modifications in mind.

Instead of aiming for power since emission laws are too strict. Weight, reliability and the ability to modify should be the main focus. Like the FT86.

#195 Peter89

• Car:S14

Posted 15 April 2012 - 10:54 PM

View PostJDM014, on 14 April 2012 - 07:16 PM, said:

Mate as I said it has to be realistic , I.e something that Nissan would put there name on, it has to be cutting edge and something that will smash the competition for a fraction of the cost,

There is know way Nissan or any government in the world would allow the sale of a death trap with no safety features and 20year old technology , that is exactly the same as the car they've banned most people from driving and importing all over the world, also it beads the 4 seats to make it a passenger car for rego an insurance purposes, otherwise just buy a 370z or go buy a vl Calais bro

and its pointless selling it with endless amounts of airbags. I agree, they might have to sell it with 2 in Australia but the rest of the world doesn't have our stupid standards.
either way, safety isn't a selling point for sports cars. why bother.

the things i listed are modern ideas. just because they have been done before doesn't mean they are bad. a silvia isn't a supercar and nor is it some european luxury sports car.
traction and stability control? you high? who wants that.

cutting edge isn't affordable. if you want cutting edge you buy the GTR vspec. not the middle range sports coupe which is what a silvia is.
keep it to its roots, don't rape the model name for some totally different car.

remember every single feature is just more money towards the base price. just because you can make it for $100 doesn't mean it can be mass produced for that price.
even getting the 2L turbo past emission laws would be hard enough these days.

Edited by Peter89, 15 April 2012 - 10:58 PM.

#196 pmod

• Car:180sx, 4G Prelude

Posted 17 April 2012 - 01:18 PM

Since this isn't going anywhere, I'm voting for a Japanese Holden Combo. Half Silvia, half Cube.
Target market would be drifters, hipsters and pedos.

Styling cues include a shoe.

Attached Image: S16 Cube.jpg

Edited by pmod, 17 April 2012 - 01:19 PM.

#197 JDM014

Posted 17 April 2012 - 09:25 PM

Some facts about the motor industry

In Vic it's illegal to sell a new motor vehicle apart from a commercial with out ESP , vdc,, traction control and 4 air bags,

The motor industry is one big penis messuring contest it's about who has the most innovative best looking new design, that can jam in all the nessesities required to be sold in every single market in the world, make the most power , with the least emissions , and the highest safety , sports cars need to have this stuff but also be light and nimble,

I'd like to again for the 50th time point out that every other manufacturer has a turbo performance car of some sort that comply's with every single requirement eg vw golf r 188kw 2.0l awd 5 star safety , euro 5 emissions , and 0-100km/hr in 4.8seconds with a price tag of $55,000 a 3yr warranty with unreal brakes and suspension and tyres, mass produced with a huge profit margin for all involved!

Now can you fathom

Nissan building a 2 door coupe
Rwd 2.4l turbo with all that same stuff that could be lighter and do 0-100 in around 6 seconds and meet the world wide requirements for sale in all countries and at a cheaper price e.g $40-45k, and being a Nissan it doesn't have a 10,000$ badge fee

#198 JDM014

Posted 17 April 2012 - 09:33 PM

Also a lesson in production , the most expensive parts are research and development , initial 'tooling' of the machinery and producing a prototype, once this has been achieved successfully , it becomes very cheap to mass-produce the said item.

So if 'it cost $100 to make something' then to mass produce 'something' would cost around $6.38c

#199 vinnie15R

• Car:S15 Spec R JDM

Posted 18 April 2012 - 02:38 PM

I honestly think if they were to do it they would still keep it a 2lt but would use the MR20DD, the direct injection version of the mr20de, and possibly add a T to the end of it, MR20DDT.

Like someone said above it's about getting the most power with the least emissions these days so it would have to be direct injection... Just like the Toyota 86

#200 MI55EE

Posted 18 April 2012 - 02:51 PM

View Postpmod, on 17 April 2012 - 01:18 PM, said:

Since this isn't going anywhere, I'm voting for a Japanese Holden Combo. Half Silvia, half Cube.

Attachment S16 Cube.jpg

i want this. hahaha, it could be like the autech cube for wheelchairs :D nissan Silcube. like the nissan S cargo. but 10 times better..

#201 pmod

Posted 20 April 2012 - 11:11 AM

View PostMIS5Y, on 18 April 2012 - 02:51 PM, said:

View Postpmod, on 17 April 2012 - 01:18 PM, said:

Attachment S16 Cube.jpg

i want this. hahaha, it could be like the autech cube for wheelchairs :D nissan Silcube. like the nissan S cargo. but 10 times better..

I put it up for a bit of fun, but it actually does look pretty sweet. Didn't even think of the wheelchair market; poor guys don't have any interesting cars to play with given the obsession manufacturers have with golf bags.

Edited by pmod, 20 April 2012 - 11:11 AM.

#202 MI55EE

Posted 20 April 2012 - 11:36 AM

i'd buy one, to cart around wheels and stuff for track days, you should proably ring nissan.... they do need something exciting on the market sooner or later. late generation s cargo

#203 Veafo

Posted 20 April 2012 - 04:51 PM

View PostMIS5Y, on 20 April 2012 - 11:36 AM, said:

i'd buy one, to cart around wheels and stuff for track days, you should proably ring nissan.... they do need something exciting on the market sooner or later. late generation s cargo

I would buy one to drive on the track days.

Could you imagine that thing going sideways? People wouldn't know what to expect.

#204 pmod

Posted 24 April 2012 - 06:18 PM

View PostVeafo, on 20 April 2012 - 04:51 PM, said:

View PostMIS5Y, on 20 April 2012 - 11:36 AM, said:

I would buy one to drive on the track days.

Could you imagine that thing going sideways? People wouldn't know what to expect.

Free candy, that's what.

More importantly, I'm impressed that a chop I made for a laugh is gaining support. Funky turbo shopping trolley ftw.

#205 normality

• Car:S13 - SR20DE

Posted 26 April 2012 - 06:31 PM

I kinda like it honestly, it's like a sleek Stagea.

#206 MI55EE

Posted 27 April 2012 - 03:52 PM

if i was head honcho of the nissan development team, it would get my full support. cubes aren't fast enough, this is like a fix haha

#207 normality

• Car:S13 - SR20DE

Posted 30 July 2012 - 12:19 PM

http://www.news.com....a-1226435862694

So let me get this straight Nissan; To compete with Toyota's new cheap, simple RWD sports car, you decide to ditch the idea of bringing the 'Silvia' name back, and instead announce a FWD/4WD turbo hatchback.

And then, you decide to refer to it as a 'Mini-Z' and not a new 'GTi-R'?

Posted Image

#208 Stig Mick

• Car:shit box

Posted 30 July 2012 - 12:30 PM

Good job Nissan...

Idiots

#209 Agnu

Posted 30 July 2012 - 12:38 PM

:(

#210 Veafo

Posted 30 July 2012 - 02:38 PM

I'm kind of glad they haven't bought back the Silvia name. Chances are they'd ruin it if they did.

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users

Common Links

• About Us
  • Privacy Policy
  • User Agreement
  • Help & Support Forums
  • Advertise
  •  

By your continued use of this site, you agree to follow all Rules & Guidelines and abide by the User Agreement outlined in our Terms & Conditions.

Hardtuned Network is hosted by Sanity Technology

Design, Site Management & Hotness provided by Loz.

Big thanks to all our members and volunteers for making this network what it is today!