It's time to say THANKS! Are you a devoted NS/HT Member? If so click here for something special

mazda 6 mps. 

16 replies to this topic

#1 urfriendinthefridge

• Car:1990 nissan s13

Posted 09 March 2009 - 03:17 PM

hay guy/girls

just would like some info regarding the new mazda 6 mps. hat mood can be done and if u know what they are like give us some feed beck it would be greatly apreciataed. o i did a search but othing came....

thanks
Damo

#2 -**wHiStLe**-

• Car:S15, R32, R33

Posted 09 March 2009 - 03:29 PM

Don't take this as a fact but obviously probably would be better breathing and other supporting mods.

Any idea what turbo they have on them?

#3 urfriendinthefridge

Posted 09 March 2009 - 03:39 PM

View Post-**wHiStLe**-, on Mar 9 2009, 05:12 PM, said:

Don't take this as a fact but obviously probably would be better breathing and other supporting mods.

Any idea what turbo they have on them?
nah sorry that what i am trying to find out, so ur basic mods can be done eg, biger intercooler, exhaust etc etc. have u heard much of them

#4 skedy

• Car:180sx

Posted 09 March 2009 - 03:41 PM

Its just the same as any turbo car really. intake, exhaust, intercooler, abit of boost and a tune. The hardest part will be bypassing the ecu so you can run more boost as it will most likely have a boost cut feature

#5 urfriendinthefridge

Posted 09 March 2009 - 03:45 PM

View PostSkEdY_WAnTs_A_180, on Mar 9 2009, 05:24 PM, said:

Its just the same as any turbo car really. intake, exhaust, intercooler, abit of boost and a tune. The hardest part will be bypassing the ecu so you can run more boost as it will most likely have a boost cut feature

o ok,

what is factory power and how much more power can u drag out of them

#6 ZeroFallen

• Car:1989 S13 Silvia Ks

Posted 09 March 2009 - 04:01 PM

View Posturfriendinthefridge, on Mar 9 2009, 05:28 PM, said:

o ok,

FFS Is it really that hard for people to google these days?
http://en.wikipedia....iki/Mazda_6_MPS

For starters... Then maybe check a forum that's Mazda 6 specific as they will have more of an idea.

#7 willski

Posted 09 March 2009 - 05:56 PM

i was looking at getting one a year or so ago, but quickly got turned off after looking at it for a few minutes. mainly because they only made the MPS out of the 6 sedan, instead of the hatch, which is a much better looking shape.

whilst looking into it, i found there are sweet f**k all aftermarket parts for them.

pretty sure the 3MPS is the pick of the two....

#8 GFUNK

• Car:Onevia

Posted 09 March 2009 - 06:08 PM

the mazda 3 is a bubble car...

#9 urfriendinthefridge

Posted 11 March 2009 - 01:50 PM

View PostZeroFallen, on Mar 9 2009, 05:44 PM, said:

View Posturfriendinthefridge, on Mar 9 2009, 05:28 PM, said:

o ok,

FFS Is it really that hard for people to google these days?
http://en.wikipedia....iki/Mazda_6_MPS

For starters... Then maybe check a forum that's Mazda 6 specific as they will have more of an idea.

i have searched, google, wiki, have watch test drives on them. all of them have conflicking info eg some say they have a factory power of 190kw while some others say 210kw. that is y i am asking weather or not someone on here have had experiance with them. and i want to know weather anyone has tryed to mod one and get sucsessfull results. so dont come on here and give me the usual bulshit of "do a search" because i know how much research i did just to find conflicking reports.

#10 urfriendinthefridge

Posted 11 March 2009 - 01:55 PM

View Postwillski, on Mar 9 2009, 07:39 PM, said:

i was looking at getting one a year or so ago, but quickly got turned off after looking at it for a few minutes. mainly because they only made the MPS out of the 6 sedan, instead of the hatch, which is a much better looking shape.

whilst looking into it, i found there are sweet f**k all aftermarket parts for them.

pretty sure the 3MPS is the pick of the two....

cheers have u seen/heard of anyone moding one up??

#11 willski

Posted 11 March 2009 - 07:14 PM

not other than a custom cat back exhaust. bascially when i searched, it seemed like all the guys were waiting for a company to come out with an ecu reflahs for them, or a cai kit, or a bolt on exhaust, becuase theres no a big demand for it, theres barely any aftermarket parts. not sure if the 3mps mods can be used on the 6mps, i thought they had the same motor?

and theyre 190kw, anything other than that will be an international spec (us or japan or something)

#12 remotegt

• Car:Mazda 3 MPS

Posted 03 June 2009 - 10:36 AM

i own a mazda 3 mps. dynoed last week with 160kw atw. I love it. Its a very fun car to drive. turn traction control off and you have an awesome time. torque steer is not to bad with traction control off just gotta keep a firm grip on steering wheel. lol.

i have had mine since new and for 40k they are a pretty good car. nice and comfy to drive and pulls hard in 6th gear to.
200km/hr is a simple speed to reach with no effort and handles quite well at high speed.

#13 Zenki_Fc

• Car:BMW E39 540i

Posted 03 June 2009 - 10:50 AM

ADM Mazda6 MPS
Max Power: 190kW @ 5500rpm
Max Torque: 380Nm @ 3000rpm
Max Speed: 238km/h
0-100km/h: 6.6 seconds

I wouldn't bother modding much more than the exhaust, just give it some decent suspension and it will be quick enough.

#14 nissanman

• Car:02 200SX SPEC R

Posted 03 December 2009 - 12:08 PM

Ive got a 6 MPS.

Jump onto www.ozmpsclub.com Heaps of modfied MPS's on there.

a Stock 6 MPS puts out abour 140-150KW at all 4 wheels.

They are quicker than the 0-100kph time suggests, having to change into 3rd gear before 100kph saps your time. Ive had no troubles beating the general SS out there.

They are a great car if you want the luxury with power...
Leather, sunroof, climate control, cruise, HID's, fuel computer etc etc

Check out some of the Motor and wheels mag tests, youll see that the MPS is actaully quicker in 'pickup' than nearly any other turbo 4cyl... (actaully, include the XR6T's in that too)

As far as mods...

go to... www.mpsgarage.com.au

Plenty of mods there.

ECU
Exhaust
CAI, SRI

carefull of the boost levels,
Its not like a S14, R32 etc... cant just wack a manual controller on and wind it up...

The MZR engine runs high compression and high (er) boost from standard than most 4cyl turbo cars on here. 9:5:1. Boost ranges from spikes of 14psi at 2,500rpm - 4,000rpm... to about 12psi there after

All in all, the Direct injection, small turbo, high boost, high compression.. makes this a fantastic street car!!

Fuel econmeny is sensational aswell...

My last tank was 9.5L per 100kms... City, Hills and suburban driving.
Generally average between this and 10.5L per 100kms

Cheers

#15 BuiSr20

Posted 06 April 2010 - 05:49 PM

View Posturfriendinthefridge, on 09 March 2009 - 03:17 PM, said:

hay guy/girls

just would like some info regarding the new mazda 6 mps. hat mood can be done and if u know what they are like give us some feed beck it would be greatly apreciataed. o i did a search but othing came....

thanks
Damo

probably the only thing would recommend is exhaust and CAI..they run 14 psi as standard..ontop of that..u try winding up that boost..your pockets better deep mate

#16 Alexmz6

• Car:Mazda 6

Posted 19 August 2010 - 09:12 PM

hi. couldnt help but just say if you wanna upgrade turbo. a good way to go id a garrett t28 turbo. will give you a bit more in boost and for computer in mps it should be fine to put on the dino. I am currently doing a turbo converstion on a non turbo to turbo and few placed have said that turbo is the way to go. oh and as a stock they put out 190kw if my memory servse me correct

#17 sidewayz

• Car:1994 180sx

Posted 27 February 2011 - 01:31 PM

Old thread but I have a Mazda 6 MPS and could offer some info on modifying. I'd be very surprised to see any stock Mazda 6 MPS put out 140-150kw at the wheels. More like 130kw. With TBE and CIA they make around 155-160kw @ all four. With a flash tune on 98 octane fuel mine made 186awkw on HPF dyno with TBE and CAI. The biggest improvement with the tune though was the area under the curve. Huge gains up top because stock the MPS suffers from conservative tuning higher in the rev range by way of limiting the throttle. A custom tune allows 100% throttle opening higher in the rev range and the car pulls hard to redline. With even this mild level of tune you'll be wise to get an upgraded clutch and flywheel and if you do plan on launching it hard don't be surprised if you break an engine mount or diff mount every now and then!

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

Common Links

• About Us
  • Privacy Policy
  • User Agreement
  • Help & Support Forums
  • Advertise
  •  

By your continued use of this site, you agree to follow all Rules & Guidelines and abide by the User Agreement outlined in our Terms & Conditions.

Hardtuned Network is hosted by Sanity Technology

Design, Site Management & Hotness provided by Loz.

Big thanks to all our members and volunteers for making this network what it is today!