Horsepower sells cars, torque wins races" Enzo Ferrari

• Platinum Member
  • Classifieds Items
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,141 posts
  • Car:33 GTR & Audi A4

Posted 19 April 2008 - 07:03 PM

Posted Image

OK, seafoam is new in Australia, it does wonders for your engine but you have no idea on how to use it and where to use it?

Posted Image

No Problem! There is actually nothing complicated about it all so here is a quick writeup on its use with pics on the 1,8t engine. If you have a 2.8l engine Take a look at this AZ thread
SeaFoam's website has instructions about its use that can be found here

As for the next application you should have a small section of pvc or vacuum hose. I use clear ID hose that will be used to suction out some seafoam from the can into the manifold. I use around 1/3 of a can when doing the sucking method below.

Disconnect the vacuum line coming from the DV to the IM and connect the hoses that you will be using to suction to it. The car will be running in idle for this process.

With the car idling and the hose connected you will feel and hear air getting sucked through the hose. The car will basically suck up the seafoam itself.

Slowly dip the hose into the can and let it suck in some fluid slowly through the manifold. If you dip the hose in all the way the car will immediately die due to the flooding of seafoam. I start slowly and will dip the hose in some more after some seconds when the idle has stabilized. Once i see a good amount of smoke coming out of the exhaust i turn of the car and disconnect my seafoam setup to let the seafoam eat through anything carbon deposit related. ENGINE should be TURNED OFF

You could do this for the front vaccum hose connection in the manifold and the rear one that is supplying the FPR. I do my front one only and have great results. Its up to you which way you do it.

Posted Image

Let the car sit for around 10-20 minutes depending on how much patience you have and crank it up. It might take some seconds for it to crank up, but once it does the whole area around your car will be ENGULFED in smoke.

Take the car for a good spin and call it a day. You should now have an improved response to throttle input and might even get better Km's out of it.

Check your plugs afterwards and replace them if needed but i never had an issue with them after a seafoam treatment.

In case you accidently overflooded the engine with the seafoam through the IM. You might get a CEL with some saved codes that say misfires on all cylinders.. No big deal either, vagcom locator is your friend.

that should be it to hopefully clear up all these posts about how to use seafoam! Its straight forward and simple.
Yes it does work for me but your results may vary, i highly doubt that they will but they might. This stuff is just as great as aerokroil is a penetrating oil.

#2 Vince K

• Car:4WD

Posted 14 December 2008 - 12:06 AM

View PostDrift Spunk, on Apr 19 2008, 06:46 PM, said:

Posted Image

OK, seafoam is new in Australia, it does wonders for your engine but you have no idea on how to use it and where to use it?

Posted Image

No Problem! There is actually nothing complicated about it all so here is a quick writeup on its use with pics on the 1,8t engine. If you have a 2.8l engine Take a look at this AZ thread
SeaFoam's website has instructions about its use that can be found here

As for the next application you should have a small section of pvc or vacuum hose. I use clear ID hose that will be used to suction out some seafoam from the can into the manifold. I use around 1/3 of a can when doing the sucking method below.

Disconnect the vacuum line coming from the DV to the IM and connect the hoses that you will be using to suction to it. The car will be running in idle for this process.

With the car idling and the hose connected you will feel and hear air getting sucked through the hose. The car will basically suck up the seafoam itself.

Slowly dip the hose into the can and let it suck in some fluid slowly through the manifold. If you dip the hose in all the way the car will immediately die due to the flooding of seafoam. I start slowly and will dip the hose in some more after some seconds when the idle has stabilized. Once i see a good amount of smoke coming out of the exhaust i turn of the car and disconnect my seafoam setup to let the seafoam eat through anything carbon deposit related. ENGINE should be TURNED OFF

You could do this for the front vaccum hose connection in the manifold and the rear one that is supplying the FPR. I do my front one only and have great results. Its up to you which way you do it.

Posted Image

Let the car sit for around 10-20 minutes depending on how much patience you have and crank it up. It might take some seconds for it to crank up, but once it does the whole area around your car will be ENGULFED in smoke.

Take the car for a good spin and call it a day. You should now have an improved response to throttle input and might even get better Km's out of it.

Check your plugs afterwards and replace them if needed but i never had an issue with them after a seafoam treatment.

In case you accidently overflooded the engine with the seafoam through the IM. You might get a CEL with some saved codes that say misfires on all cylinders.. No big deal either, vagcom locator is your friend.

that should be it to hopefully clear up all these posts about how to use seafoam! Its straight forward and simple.
Yes it does work for me but your results may vary, i highly doubt that they will but they might. This stuff is just as great as aerokroil is a penetrating oil.

Hi, That is Great! Where did you get seafoam from?
Can buy in Australia??

#3 SKYVIA

• Car:1990 S13 Silvia K's RB25

Posted 22 December 2008 - 08:41 PM

Ive heard about this stuff, but man it gives me the jitters thinking about putting it in your engine.

They should have called it something else!

#4 TougeR34

• Car:R34 GTT

Posted 22 December 2008 - 08:49 PM

theys hould just make a version u put into ur petrol tank :)

#5 BlastedbyaSoarer

• Car:tricycle

Posted 22 December 2008 - 09:05 PM

Ive heard that you need to change the oil and oil filter after seafoaming the engine. Eitherway i dont like the idea of putting it my engine.

#6 Guest_Umai Naa!!_*

Posted 22 December 2008 - 10:16 PM

Yeah, I think I'll also pass.

Besides, VW/Audi doesn't really recommend this sort of stuff, anyways.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

Common Links

• About Us
  • Privacy Policy
  • User Agreement
  • Help & Support Forums
  • Advertise
  •  

By your continued use of this site, you agree to follow all Rules & Guidelines and abide by the User Agreement outlined in our Terms & Conditions.

Hardtuned Network is hosted by Sanity Technology

Design, Site Management & Hotness provided by Loz.

Big thanks to all our members and volunteers for making this network what it is today!