RULES & GUIDELINES
Posted 06 April 2008 - 01:03 AM
By accessing “HardTuned.Net” (hereinafter “we”, “us”, “our”, “Hardtuned”, “Hardtuned.net”, "Forum" "HT.net" "HT")and its subsidiaries, you agree to be legally bound by the following terms. If you do not agree to be legally bound by all of the following terms then please do not access and/or use “Hardtuned”. We may change these at any time and we’ll do our utmost in informing you, though it would be prudent to review this regularly yourself as your continued usage of “HardTuned.Net” after changes mean you agree to be legally bound by these terms as they are updated and/or amended.
You agree not to post any abusive, obscene, vulgar, slanderous, hateful, threatening, sexually-orientated or any other material that may violate any laws be it of your country, the country where “Hardtuned” is hosted or International Law. Doing so may lead to you being immediately and permanently banned, with notification of your Internet Service Provider if deemed required by us. The IP address of all posts are recorded to aid in enforcing these conditions. You agree that “Hardtuned” have the right to remove, edit, move or close any post or topic at any time should we see fit without notification. As a user you agree to any information you have entered to being stored in a database. While this information will not be disclosed to any third party without your consent, neither “Hardtuned” shall be held responsible for any hacking attempt that may lead to the data being compromised.
“Hardtuned” reserves the unrestricted right to cancel and end the forum membership and / or any forum privilege, access, or right of any forum member without notice and without reason to the forum member, and at any time without liability for any loss or damage whatsoever whether to the forum member or to any other person.
Membership Name - Rules
1. Business names are not to be used as forum membership names, except where permission by Administrators or a Support member has been granted.
2. Avoid uppercase membership names (such as NEWMEMBER) or excessive use of special characters (such as $$NEW_MEMBER$$) as such accounts may be deleted including associated posts.
3. Administrators and Support and Moderators reserve the right to delete accounts whereby their usernames contain abusive, vulgar, defamatory, and sexually-orientated terms.
2. Be respectful of other members at all times. Flaming or abusing (incl. bullying, belittling or humiliating) other members in any way is not acceptable. Any post deemed disrespectful or defamatory of another member or party will be removed, and the poster will be at risk of being banned.
3. Be respectful of the Support Team and Administrators and Moderators even if you disagree with particular decisions. Their time is dedicated voluntarily to keeping Hardtuned a happy place.
4. Duplicate posting is not allowed.
5. Spamming is not permitted.
6. Advertising within posts is not allowed by non-advertisers of Hardtuned without the approval by Administrators or Support or Moderators.
7. Each individual is allowed only one (1) membership account only. Multiple memberships are strictly forbidden and may result in the deletion of all of the user's membership accounts and associated posts.
9. Hyperlinks to a member's own, or, affiliated business is strictly prohibited within posts, unless approved by Support or Administrators or Moderators and may result in an immediate ban without warning.
10. It is your responsibility to ensure you do not infringe on someone elses copyright. If you're posting third-party content at Hardtuned.Net, you need to ensure you own or control the rights to the respective content and / or it is acknowledged appropriately. You agree to bear any and all costs associated with arising damages, including legal and court fees.
1. Posting Rules apply to Personal Messages (PM's). Please see Posting Rules for more information.
2. Business found to be spamming via PM will have their accounts cancelled.
3. Unsolicited commercial PM's by any forum member is also prohibited, and the respective member will have his / her account deleted immediately without warning.
1. Members may provide 5 lines of information. Each line may contain a link to a personal website, or personal blog within the boundaries of acceptable content but must NOT; contain business information whatsoever, point to a commercial site nor contain phone numbers, email addresses, or any other contact information.
1. Members representing an approved business are prohibited from providing any commercial information within a signature if they have less than 50 posts.
2. Members representing an approved business with 50 or more posts, may only use two lines of information; providing only a business name - on the first line - and a link to a commercial site - on the second line. Taglines / slogans are not accepted.
3. Paid advertisers may include an additional three (3) lines of information during the life of the contractual period with HardTuned.Net only upon, and not before, approval by either Support or Administrator or Moderator.
NOTE: All members are prohibited from providing duplicate links in their signature.
Posting Images & Avatars - Rules
1. Members are prohibited from uploading any images that are abusive, obscene, vulgar, slanderous, hateful, threatening, sexually-orientated or any other material that may violate any laws be it of your country, the country where “HardTuned.Net” is hosted or International Law.
2. By uploading an image, you certify that you have the legal right, consent, or license to distribute that image for the entire period the image is published at Hardtuned.net, otherwise, you agree it is your responsibility to promptly remove the respective images and that you bear any and all costs associated with arising damages, including legal and court fees.
1. We do not and will not disclose any personal member information except where a court order is provided.
Members who do not adhere, or discourage in any way other members in adhering to these rules do so at the risk of being banned with or without warning.
Posted 30 July 2010 - 10:32 AM
Nissansilvia.com is a great site to advertise goods for sale as its free and you have only car enthusiasts read your advertisements.
The "For Sale" areas are provided as a FREE service for regular members to the site who are looking to privately sell their own items.
If you are a Trader or Commercial Entity you MUST become a site sponsor, or banner advertiser to sell products on our site.
This INCLUDES if you plan to use the forum on a regular basis to sell parts from your home!
Click here to find out more
If you are a PRIVATE SELLER, Please read on:
To ensure you eliminate "time wasters", please read the following guidelines to assist you in selling your item without any hassle.
Include photo's in the post
A picture is worth a thousand words. We have members who are willing to host pictures for you click here or alternatively you could display a picture of another item which is the same from another site.
Bumping for sale not applicable
Those who disguise a "bump" post with pics or updated info will have that post deleted and the info cut and pasted into the original post. Only price drop updates will be allowed to remain. Genuine posts about the item will remain also.
ANY item that has been without an update for 3 WEEKS is allowed a "bump" post to bring it back to the top of the list. Please list this as a "3 week bump" so we know not to delete it.
Use a clear detailed topic heading
More users will view your advertisement if you make the topic heading clear and detailed. If you are selling a wide variety of parts its harder to be specific in the title, so a suggestion is creating two threads or making the titles as clear and detailed as you can.
Include as many details as possible
Ensure you cover all things like, condition of the items, which state the items are, etc.
If you write "for more details email, or PM", you will receive PM's and emails, so ensure your inbox is not full.
However, take the time to write everything you believe a buyer would like to know, this will save you and the buyer time in the long run and help you sell your item quicker.
*This includes stating a price!*
Specify Location and whether you are willing to send interstate
Members from this forum come from Australia and overseas, please write if you wish to sell interstate. If not, specify which state you are in and that it is state only buyers.
Must List a Price. EOI (express of interest) not applicable
This for sales area is simply that...items for sale. We have requested no EOI to eliminate time wasters. Either the item is for sale or it isn't. If you are unsure what your item is worth, have a look at other for sales which are similar.
Threads without a Price will be deleted.
No linking to other threads or other forums
No direct linking to other sites (eBay, carsales, etc) or even your old FS threads. Your thread will be deleted. This is to provide a professional classifieds system without redirections to outside sites. This benefits all members.
Car related items only
The for sale section of this forum is only for car items only. Ad's selling mobile phones, furniture etc will be deleted without warning.
Do not sell for your mates
Any cars posted up on behalf of someone else will be deleted without warning. If your friends want to sell something ask them sign up to the site themselves. This reduces mis-information and any possible falling out if the sale doesnt go through. If they are serious about selling their car, they will post it up themselves.
Minimum Post Rule
To be able to use the classifieds you can do so for FREE if you have a minimum of 100 constructive posts. Alternatively, you can become a Classifieds User http://nissansilvia....sercheckout.php
This rule is in place to protect members from potential scammers. By giving back to the site with constructive posts you are building up your reputation.
10 Day Rule
As a result of a large number of active members on the site, the Hardtuned.net team agree and have decided, that members are allowed to have only one for sale thread per ten days (1 per 10). We consider it unfair for everyone, if perceived spamming within the for sale section occurs.Please note that a failure to abide by these rules will result in offending members being initially warned and repeat offenders will be banned from using the site.
We will be actively warning any members who are seen to be traders.
* You will be asked to become a nissansilvia.com sponsor or not to post.
* If you continue to do so after being contacted, you will be banned.
This site costs alot of money to run, and can only continue to do so with your support....
Support the system which supports your customers.
CLICK HERE TO FIND OUT HOW TO BECOME A SPONSOR
Due to people pushing the boundaries of the new forum rules, it has been decided that Group Buys will only be allowed to sponsors of the site. If you post a group buy and you are not a nissansilvia.com sponsor, your post will be deleted without notice. We are sorry to have to do this to you all but it is due to a small minority not doing the right thing. It is too hard to determine if group buys are for profit or are for the good of the site and its users. If your sales are profitable, then please put back into the site what it has given you, and become a sponsor.
Moderators will use their discretion to delete any posts which are considered spam. Posts such as "goodluck with the sale," "bumps," requests for pics, "looks good", "nice car" (etc), or ANY off topic discussion will be deleted by the moderators. Remember, your IP address is logged and if you try and create a new username you will be found.
Nissansilvia.com does not condone the sale of stolen merchandise. If moderators suspects you are selling stolen goods, your IP address WILL be forwarded to the authorities.
While we try to make every effort to detect stolen goods, we can not promise the legitimacy of goods being sold and will not be held responsible if goods sold here turn out to be in fact stolen.
On the same line, we will not accept responsibility for any other criminal acts or breaches of contract, eg accepting goods without payment, reneging on agreement to purchase goods, misrepresentation. A suggestion before dealing with cash is to write up a written agreement (article link above) and have both parties sign detailing the items and the price agreed upon.
Once your car is sold, please edit your topic title to state that it has been sold..
This makes it easier for people to avoid wasting time, and also helps to ensure that you don't get PM's or email months later with offers..
Safe Trading Tips / Common Scams:
[indent] [indent] Please be wary of members who PM you directly about items for sale, ESPECIALLY those who have little or no posts at all (the 40 post rule is there for a reason)
When buying parts make sure you check out their details first.
If they say they have a registered business check the validility of their ABN Click Here
We recommend COD (Cash on Delivery) Postage
It doesn't cost that much more and this way you do not pay until you recieve the parts, and both the buyer and seller are covered if anything goes wrong.
Gather as many details as possible about the seller
eg: Name, Address, Telephone numbers and email then check if these are valid, through things like the white pages. Also make sure you check their sellers rep meter, if they have had good transactions with other members, it will be recorded.
If you think you have been contacted by someone who seems suspicious, please let one of the classifieds moderators know ASAP.
Expressing interest only if you really are interested
"time wasting" is very annoying, and makes it frustrating for someone trying to sell items on the forum. Time wasting posts will be deleted without warning and you may find your account deactivated if you persist If you want to request pics of the item, PM or email the seller. DO NOT post it in the thread.
Read the sellers post carefully
Look in the user profile for more information, ie state, email addres.
Also, your question may have already been asked. Questions which are repeated will be deleted without warning.
Note: "haggling" is not an offer.
Contacting the Seller
If you are really interested in the sale, contact the seller with the details given. If you send a PM, place the PM on "tracker" so you know when they receive the PM. Any posts eg "PM sent" will be deleted as they are considered a 'bump'.
Purchase of parts from complete cars
Requests for the seller to strip parts from their cars to sell individually will be deleted.
If you want to enquire about the possibility of buying parts from a car that is for sale. PM the seller.
If the conversation doesn't involve the sale of the car, and as the rules state, any conversation that deviates from the sale of the car will be deleted.
By asking to strip the car of its parts will turn other buyers off purchasing.
1 user(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users