Warning: Illegal string offset 'html' in /home/nissansi/public_html/forums/cache/skin_cache/cacheid_1/skin_topic.php on line 907
180SX 1JZ-GTE on Apprentice wages - Hardtuned.net - Page 9

180SX 1JZ-GTE on Apprentice wages Silvia

nissan 180180 sx queensland qld australia apprentice build 1jz gte 1jz
250 replies to this topic

#241 pmod

• Car:Fruity 180sx

Posted 04 September 2015 - 11:24 AM

View PostDanie l, on 04 September 2015 - 04:21 AM, said:

View Postpmod, on 03 September 2015 - 10:38 PM, said:

It's getting there. Still haven't got it tuned lol, despite having the Nistune, software and most everything else. Recently changed my diff back to a 4.08, and once I've made a proper hotpipe, I'll be set to made some power. Had too little time tbh, moved house and got the flu.

Yeah moving house is a shitload of work especially if you're sick,
that's sick on the 180 sounds super close then, whats your kw goal?

I actually got lucky (still unlucky of course) and came down with the flu the day after I finished moving house and had unpacked/stored a few things.

Don't really have a kw goal to be honest; I got a Hypergear ATR SS2 to match my engine's CR since higher compression needs a bigger turbo to avoid issues, and that unit is rated to 500HP on Stao's website. Chances are I'd need bigger cams, E85 and a bigger fuel pump than a Walbro 250 (or whatever it is I'm running) for that, and I can't really be bothered with that when there are no E85 pumps near me, I already have a fuel pump, and the NA cams I got off a friend during the rebuild are a good match for my CR.

I'd probably be ok with 200kw to be honest, having been driving the car on 1/4 throttle and shifting at 3500rpm for months, so whatever it makes is fine with me. 150kw? 250kw? Who knows. Chances are I'll blow something up whatever I make lol.

What I really want to do is fix my AC blower motor wiring (I think a wire is broken internally), route the air runners around my popup cluster and regas my AC before we reach summer. Priorities...

#242 Danie l

Posted 05 September 2015 - 01:07 AM

View Postpmod, on 04 September 2015 - 11:24 AM, said:

View PostDanie l, on 04 September 2015 - 04:21 AM, said:

View Postpmod, on 03 September 2015 - 10:38 PM, said:

It's getting there. Still haven't got it tuned lol, despite having the Nistune, software and most everything else. Recently changed my diff back to a 4.08, and once I've made a proper hotpipe, I'll be set to made some power. Had too little time tbh, moved house and got the flu.

Yeah moving house is a shitload of work especially if you're sick,
that's sick on the 180 sounds super close then, whats your kw goal?

I actually got lucky (still unlucky of course) and came down with the flu the day after I finished moving house and had unpacked/stored a few things.

Don't really have a kw goal to be honest; I got a Hypergear ATR SS2 to match my engine's CR since higher compression needs a bigger turbo to avoid issues, and that unit is rated to 500HP on Stao's website. Chances are I'd need bigger cams, E85 and a bigger fuel pump than a Walbro 250 (or whatever it is I'm running) for that, and I can't really be bothered with that when there are no E85 pumps near me, I already have a fuel pump, and the NA cams I got off a friend during the rebuild are a good match for my CR.

I'd probably be ok with 200kw to be honest, having been driving the car on 1/4 throttle and shifting at 3500rpm for months, so whatever it makes is fine with me. 150kw? 250kw? Who knows. Chances are I'll blow something up whatever I make lol.

What I really want to do is fix my AC blower motor wiring (I think a wire is broken internally), route the air runners around my popup cluster and regas my AC before we reach summer. Priorities...

Hahah yeah but honestly when are we going to say no to a time that makes sense to upgrade to e85 and bigger cams etc, :P
In my opinion I would run what you have there and add stuff later if it isn't your daily or you're the type of person who says they'll finish something in a night and follows through, lol.
You won't blow it up, it's built well and I'm gonna throw a guess of 265.5kW to wheels exactly :wheelchair:

At least there's a brightside to the sickness, consolidation is having shut down murphey's law lol
Do what's needed most/fun to do first then you'll be in the mood to finish the rest, that's how I work haha

#243 Danie l

Posted 08 September 2015 - 01:14 AM

Never posted pics of when i painted it with dark charcoal hammertone grey, thinned 10% with 10% "tint" of bbq heat black for darkness
pic done by mate
Attached Image: 001.JPGAttached Image: 002.JPG
Attached Image: 003.JPGAttached Image: 004.JPG

#244 Moleman

• Car:S13 SILVIA

Posted 08 September 2015 - 09:21 PM

ooooooooooooooooohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!

#245 Danie l

Posted 08 September 2015 - 11:12 PM

ahahah
yea boi!!

#246 Danie l

Posted 11 September 2015 - 11:20 PM

Got front all torqued up now so no more f**king with suspension,
Attached Image: 003.JPGAttached Image: 002.JPG
Attached Image: 003.JPGAttached Image: 004.JPG

Little cuts to max camber just cus
Attached Image: 002.JPG

and best mate did another pic
Attached Image: 001.JPG

He does this with spraycans, he's beast as f**k
pm if you want work done by him on gold coast/brisbane

Edited by Danie l, 14 September 2015 - 12:06 PM.

#247 Gough Barry

Posted 17 September 2015 - 09:23 AM

looks so dope with the Graf on the car... your friend is super talented..

#248 Danie l

Posted 18 September 2015 - 02:00 AM

View PostGough Barry, on 17 September 2015 - 09:23 AM, said:

looks so dope with the Graf on the car... your friend is super talented..

yeah he's an animal bro all forms of art, pencil, tattoo etc

#249 Danie l

Posted 07 May 2017 - 12:37 PM

Project has been rekindled in a new shell with a new motor :o:o
Posted Image
More pics and updates starting again this week :D

#250 Danie l

Posted 14 August 2017 - 08:12 AM

Posted Image
Suspension in, kouki light replacements obtained (need type x beaver)
Posted ImageDoors, hatch, fuel flap and exhaust in (3" straight pipe no mufflers/cat)
Posted ImageFront and rear strut braces in, Front plates torqued to spec, bar left loose for engine bay work. Need to cut old 180sx's upper and lower rad support spot welds out and pop em on here.

Then just need motor+box and to work out the wiring/interior then final touches :D

#251 Ironboy2477

• Car:Silvia

Posted 09 October 2017 - 07:05 AM

Yeah dude this thread is wicked, keep up the good work! Keen to see what you have in store for the new shell.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

Common Links

• About Us
  • Privacy Policy
  • User Agreement
  • Help & Support Forums
  • Advertise
  •  

By your continued use of this site, you agree to follow all Rules & Guidelines and abide by the User Agreement outlined in our Terms & Conditions.

Hardtuned Network is hosted by Sanity Technology

Design, Site Management & Hotness provided by Loz.

Big thanks to all our members and volunteers for making this network what it is today!